Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine 

"John." Oliver says and walks over to Constantine to exchange one of those bro hug things where they grab hands and then hug or whatever.

"It's good to see you, Oliver." Constantine says and then a silence follows. "Do my eyes deceive me or is my beautiful Becca standing before me?"

Constantine's smile widens as he walks up to me. I take in the sight of him. The same blond hair and teasing grin. His familiar look still intact, a trench coat, white shirt and a loose tie around his neck. I can't help the smile that spreads across my face when I see him, he might be annoying but he is still a friend.

"Hey, Constantine." I say, not moving from where I'm standing.

"Come on. Come on. You know you want to." Constantine says with a flirty wink as he holds his arms open, awaiting a hug.

I roll my eyes and hug him, despite how obnoxious he is, I did miss him. His arms tighten around me and I feel his breath by my ear.

"You should join me later," he whispers in my ear. "We could have some fun."

Rolling my eyes, I pull away from him. He pouts and I give him a look.

"In your dreams Constantine." I say with a small smile on my face.

"You know it." he says with a teasing smile.

I roll my eyes again and walk over to Laurel, Felicity and Thea. I lean against the railing and Thea nudges me with her elbow.

"What's your problem? He's cute." she says and I just laugh.

"She's not wrong." Laurel adds in with a nod of her head which I try to ignore.

"Shut up guys." I say but there's a smile on my face.

"Oh right, you have Roy." Felicity adds with a smirk.

"Do you want me to kill you in your sleep?" I ask her, my face smiling but my voice as cold as ice.

"Roy, eh?" Thea asks with a smile. "You have good taste."

"You guys are delusional." I mumble and shoot both of them a glare.

I turn my eyes back to Constantine and he winks at me before addressing the rest of the group.

"So where's Sara?" he asks and Oliver motions for us to follow him.

We follow him down into a basement below us and I grimace as I see Sara. Her hands are handcuffed to a metal chain and she's curled up in a ball on the ground. When she hears us come in, her head snaps up and she launches herself at us. The cuffs stop her but she glares at us with such a wild, untamed menace in her eyes. Stopping at the bottom of the steps, I stay as far away from her as possible, my heart straining at the unruly state she's in. Constantine walks over to her, she tries to lash out at him but he's standing just outside of her reach. Constantine looks back at us and begins to explain what's wrong with Sara, but I'm not listening. I look at Sara's glowering, feral eyes over his shoulder.

It's terrifying.

Wild.

Crazy.

Horrific.

Untamed.

Foreign.

Heartbreaking.

Cold.

Harsh.

It's not human.

Sara's gaze locks on mine causing me to flinch back from the menace in her eyes and my heart constricts even tighter than it was before.

I can't look at Sara when she's like this, I can't, I just can't.

Walking softly, I slip over to the stairs. Somehow, I manage to escape the room without being noticed. Once I reach the top of the stairs, my eyes land on a type of lounge area in a secluded part of the Arrow cave. Collapsing onto the couch, my back collides with the soft cushions. An unsettling sensation settles in my stomach as I barely manage to choke down the lump that had formed in my throat. With tears beginning to trickle down my face, I pull my knees to my chest and bury my face. After allowing a few tears to run down my cheeks, I wipe my cheeks and breath in and out, releasing the tension within my core. Laying back on the couch, I rest my arm over my eyes, allowing myself to drift off.

"Becca?" A soft voice says.

"Mmmmm?" I respond, not moving from my position on the couch.

"Can we talk?" the voice asks and I pull myself up.

"I don't really want to talk to you," I say to Laurel who sits down beside me.

A rhythmic chanting travels to us from the basement and I look at her, confused.

"Sara is missing her soul, Oliver and Constantine are going to travel somewhere to get her soul back or something. Honestly, I don't really understand it." she says as her brow furrows. I nod, however refusing to look at her.

"I just wanted to apoligize once more," Laurel says.

"Can you not?" I snap at her.

"Becca!" she exclaims. "I am trying to make things right!"

"You can't make things right!" I yell. "I don't think you understand what this is doing to me!"

"I loved her too you know!" Laurel screams at me as tears pour down her face.

"I know that!" I yell back. "Do you think I don't know that?! Of course, you loved her, she was your sister!"

"Exactly! So, don't you think this is hurting me too!" Laurel exclaims.

"No, Laurel! You do not get to be hurt! Not by this!" I scream at her.

"What so I'm not allowed to be hurt?!" she screams back.

"No, you're not. Not by this. You are allowed to be hurt that she was gone, but you are not allowed to be hurt because she's back, because that was your decision," I growl, my voice low and reproaching. 

She's silent for a long time, staring down at her hands, fiddling with the hem of her shirt, doing anything to avoid my eyes.

"You're right," she finally mumbles. "I'm sorry,"

"You've been saying that," I tell her, done yelling.

"I know, but I mean it this time," she says quietly.

"Well, good for you," I say sarcastically.

"Can't you at least try and forgive me?" Laurel cries out.

"No Laurel, I can't, because I loved her," I snap at her. "And I can't watch this happen to her."

"I loved her too," Laurel snaps again.

"Not like I did." I say and glare at her before standing up.

I storm away from her and walk into the elevator. Just as the doors are about to shut, someone slips past and I look up to see Roy.

"Ready to have the time of your life?" he asks and sends me that dazzling smile of his.

-

Almost there! I swear, Sara is coming! But first, a little Roy. :)

Thanks for reading! Votes and comments are always appreciated! I love you all! Thank you for over 2k reads!!! Ahhhhh!!! Thank you so much!!!! :)