Chapter Four

Chapter Four
    Days pass, nothing really happening, at least for me. The others had plenty going on with Lonnie Machin, an anarchist working for Darhk who, after going for the candidate for mayor who happens to be Oliver's family friend, escaped police custody. However, I've been sidelined by Oliver, nothing new there. Don't get me wrong, I am eternally grateful to Oliver for everything he did for me on the island, however he always thought he was better than me, in charge, clearly, he still thinks that now.
    I sigh as I stand up from the couch, shaking my thoughts from my head. I am going stir crazy being stuck in this apartment, I have literally spent the last few days doing nothing but watching TV, it sounds great, and it is, for the first day or two, and then you begin to go insane. Sighing, I head to Laurel's guest room and open up the drawers of the dresser. Laurel had taken me shopping on Saturday, we spent nearly seven hours in the mall, it was hell, and keep in mind, I was trapped on an insane island for years. However, I did buy a bunch of clothes, mostly leggings and tank tops, but still, clothes. I pull on a pair of black capri leggings and a dark purple tank top. I run a quick brush through my hair before pulling a black hoodie over my head, grabbing my keys and phone, and heading towards the door. As I pass by Laurel's room, I remember the....conversation.....we had had in there just a few nights ago.

    "Becca," Laurel paused, looking dejected. "Thea and I are heading to Nanda Parbat to work on her aggression issues,"
    "Okay," I say slowly. "I don't understand why you look so glum, isn't that a good thing? Getting Thea help?"
    Laurel hesitates, causing my heart to beat a little faster.
    "Laurel?" I prompt her.
    "There's something else," she pauses again.
    "Well, I figured," I say sarcastically, managing to get a slight smile out of her, though it barely lasts a second.
    "We're taking Sara's body with us, to use the pit to-" Laurel begins before I cut her off.
    "YOU'RE DOING WHAT?" I scream at her.
    "Becca, please try and understand th-" Laurel tries to speak again but I don't let her finish.
    "Laurel, do you know, what the PIT DOES TO PEOPLE?" I say my voice progressively getting louder from a whisper to a yell.
    "I kno-" Laurel tries again.
    "NO! I don't think you do know!" I yell as I begin to gesture wildly. "Because if you knew, you wouldn't risk doing it! Not to Sara!"
    "Becca please calm down!" Laurel, who had remained fairly calm up unto this point, yells back at me.
    "I cannot calm down!" I say, no longer yelling, however, still very very angered.
    I turn on my heel and storm towards the door of her room but stop at the doorframe as her voice reaches me.
    "I just figured you'd want to know since you guys..." she pauses again. "...knew each other."
    I turn my head slightly back, not quite enough to look at Laurel.
    "She told you about me?" I ask, my voice catching in my throat slightly.
    Laurel is silent for a long time before finally speaking three words.
    "Yeah, she did."
    Tears brim in my eyes before I look back in front of me and storm out of the room.

  I hadn't been able to think about anything else since Laurel left. What could possibly be going on? A chill runs up my spine and I hurry past the room to the door of the apartment, eager to get my mind on something else. Double checking that I have my keys, I walk through the door and lock the apartment up behind me. Ready to get away from the same beige walls I'd been staring at for days, I sprint down the stairs and out of the apartment building to my bike. I hop on the violet motorcycle and quickly drive off, towards Palmer Technologies. A short ride later, I park my bike and head into the tall skyscraper. After the ride down in the elevator to the arrow cave, I walk out to see the hideout nearly abandoned except for Felicity. I walk over to her with a smile plastered on my face. I know Felicity doesn't like me, but I have to try.

"Hey!" I say to her enthusiastically.

She glances up at me before letting her eyes return to the screen.