Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Surprise? Anger? Sadness? Regret? Relief?

All those emotions flashing across his face, Oliver takes a step back.

"Ollie?" the brunette asks.

"Oliver, who is that?" the blond one asks him with a hint of jealousy laced in her voice.

All Oliver can do is stare at me, now if you know Oliver he is rarely ever surprised or at least he doesn't show it, but the shock was clear as day on his face.

He manages to breathe my name, "Becca,"

I slowly walk towards him, each step getting harder and harder to take. Somehow, I manage to make it, stopping in front of him. His eyes look me up and down but never once do they meet my eyes. A tear glistens in the corner of his eye as he looks down at the ground, trying to hide it. I reach my hand towards him and gently lift his chin.

"Look at me," I say softly.

"I can't," his voice comes out strong but if you knew him, you could hear the slight tremor.

"Oliver, look at me, you owe me at least that," I snap, firm but gentle at the same time.

Slowly, he lifts his gaze to my own. Our eyes meet and all the memories, the pain, the happiness, the loss, the sadness, everything, flashes through my mind. The years we spent apart seem to melt away along with the anger I had originally come in here with. Tenderly, I cup his face and he closes his eyes, a tear trickling down his cheek. When his eyes open again, he steps towards me and wraps his arms around me in a hug. For a moment, I don't know how to react but I quickly wrap my arms around him and bury my head in his chest.

"I'm so sorry, I am so so sorry, I-" he apologizes.

"Stop it," I say softly in his ear. "It's okay."

He tightens his grip on me and I feel his lips briefly brush the top of my head causing all my walls to crash down, the tears spilling over. For a long time, we just stand there, intertwined, before someone clears their throat causing us to pull apart. The source of the interruption came from the woman with short brown hair, as I looked at her closer, I realized who she was.

"Wait, you're Thea! Oliver showed me pictures of you!" I say before my eyes fall on the woman standing next to her. "And you're Laurel! Oliver had a picture of you too!"

They both look at me before looking at Oliver who is pulled slightly away from me by the blond woman.

"Oliver," she says with a sweet smile on her face, however, her voice is anything but sweet. "Who is this?"

"This is-" Oliver begins but I cut him off.

"My name is Rebecca Carson, but you can call me Becca," I say making eye contact with each of them, ending with the green eyes belonging to the man who has yet to speak a word. My eyes remain on his for awhile longer as I see the judgment, the hostility in his eyes, it's almost as if you can see the walls he has put up. He raises an eyebrow at me, prompting me to go on. I flick my eyebrow up right back at him and keep my eyes locked on him as I say my next words. "You all are probably wondering who I am, how I know Oliver, I'm sure you've made your assumptions, but here let me tell you who I am," I pause and look around at them again before returning my eyes to his green ones. "I was on the island with Oliver."

I let the news sink in and I watch as a slight shock settles over them.

"Wait, on the island?" Green eyes say to me.

"That's what I just said, did I not?" I sass him, causing a slight smirk to form on his face.

"Pardon me," he says sarcastically, causing me to smirk.