Chapter Twelve

Her lips were warm against mine. They felt familiar to my own. It felt...right. All those years apart, all the tears, her funeral, the drinks on lonely nights, the longing to have her back, all of it seemed to disappear as she pulled me closer.

I gently reach my hand up and run my fingers through her hair. I had missed her so much. More than words can explain. I didn't only care for her as a lover, I loved her as my best friend, as my other half. On the island, we did everything together, we fought together, we laughed together, we cried together. She knew me better than anyone, she would know what I was going to say before the words left my mouth, she could predict my every movement, and vice versa. When she "died", a part of me seemed to have died with her. But now, with her back here, in front of me, her lips on mine, her hand in my hair and on my waist, that part of me seems to be slowly reappearing, slowly but surely.

We gently pull away from each other and I immediately wrap her in a hug. She locks her arms around my waist as I bury my head in the crook of her neck. I fight the tears welling in my eyes but when I feel her face buried in my hair, I can't hold them in any longer.

"I missed you so much." I cry out as I begin to sob.

Her arms tighten around me as she says, "I missed you too," somewhat choking it out as I feel her wet tears against my neck.

For a long time, we just stand there, our arms wrapped around each other, tears silently streaming down out cheeks, for the first time in a long while, I felt safe.

An awkward cough breaks us out of our daze causing us to pull away from each other to look over. My eyes scan everyone's faces and all of them look completely astonished, except for Oliver and Laurel who had known about Sara and I, from the beginning.

To be fair, none of them really knew me, they didn't know I was bi, or that I was anything more than friends with Sara. I can understand their shock, but I see more than just shock on Roy's face. I search his face and for a brief moment, a flash of hurt seems to cross his face but it disappears just as quickly as it came. I feel Sara's hand on my shoulder and I glance back at her with a smile. 

"Move," A voice growls and I turn to see Roy shoving through Laurel and Thea to get to the back door. 

He slams the door behind him and all eyes seem to turn to me.

"I should probably go after him," I say and begin to walk away before Oliver's voice stops me.

"I'll go, you stay here," he mutters before following after Roy.

Laurel catches my eye and raises her eyebrow in question. I shake my head slightly in response to tell her that I would tell her later. She nods before Diggle breaks the silence.

"What just happened?" he asks looking like a confused little puppy.

We all let out a laugh, breaking the tense silence that had surrounded us when Roy left.

-

Third Person POV

Roy angrily paces back and forth in the alleyway. Oliver exits from the door and walks up to him, roughly grabbing his shoulder.

"What the hell was that?" he snaps.

"I don't know! You tell me, she's the one that didn't tell us she was a lesbian!" Roy snaps back.

"She's bi," Oliver says calmly, trying to diminish the frantic situation.

"Excuse me?" Roy asks, anger still clear in his voice.

"She's bi, not lesbian," Oliver repeats.

"Oh," is all Roy says.

Roy sighs before leaning against the wall, closing his eyes as he processes everything.