Chapter Twenty Six

My face is wet.

I don't know if it's the tears or the rain.

Dinah Laurel Lance, Beloved Daughter and Friend.

I am reading the words but they don't process in my head.

Water.

On my clothes.

In my hair.

Everywhere.

I am soaked to the bone and the rain just keeps coming, in addition to the tears which refuse to stop no matter how hard I try. I scream out in agony, my whole body shaking before I fall to the ground. I start slamming my fists into the ground, over and over. 

It hurt.

A lot.

But, it doesn't hurt even near as much as Laurel's death does.

So I keep hitting the ground to the point where my knuckles begin to bleed.

Over and over again.

I am trying to scream words but I'm pretty sure I am just screaming.

Hitting and screaming.

Until a pair of arms wrap around be.

"Carson, calm down," he whispers in my air.

I try to pull out of his grasp but I quickly give up, slumping in his arms.

"Listen to me Carson, you need to calm down," he whispers in my ear.

I think I stop screaming because he lifts me up off the ground. He carries me bridal style and I let my head fall against his chest. I close my eyes tightly and keep them closed until the rain stops. I look around to see myself at what I assume is Roy's place. He sits me down on the table by the kitchen and turns around. I stare at his back, not really seeing anything in front of me. He turns back around, gently taking my hands in his. He rubs a wet washcloth against my hands, wiping the blood away. For a few minutes, there is just silence while he cleans up my hands. He puts the washcloth back into the sink and disappears around the corner before returning with a pair of sweats and a sweatshirt.

"To change out of your wet clothes," he says as he hands me the clothes.

"Thanks," I mumble to him.

I take the clothes from him and get down off the table. I look up at him and our eyes meet. For a brief moment, the pain dulls slightly. The corners of his mouth quirk up slightly and I gently touch his shoulder.

"Thank you, really," I say softly and he nods at me.

"Anytime," he responds.

I nod at him before I walk around the corner into the bathroom. I stare at my reflection in the mirror and look at the girl staring back at me. 

She kind of reminded me of the girl on the island.

I sigh before I pull my shirt over my head, pulling Roy's sweatshirt on. I quickly change into his sweats and walk back out of the bathroom. He looks up at me and I give him a questioning look. He pauses, before shaking his head and looking away.

"Nothing, you should get some sleep," he mutters.

"Yeah, I should get home," I respond and head towards the door.

"Oh no, Carson, it's still pouring, go ahead and take the bed," he says and motions toward the bed.

"No, really I can't impose," I say as I begin walking towards the door again.