Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

I feel pathetic. I can feel the tears spilling down my face. What is wrong with me? Of course, I know what's wrong with me. Anything relevant to Sara is very........difficult for me. We were very close, almost too close for our own good. She was very special to me.

I wipe my tears away and take a deep breath of the crisp cool air. I look out at the silent street in front of the building one more time before turning around. I see his face and I let out a pathetic laugh.

'You okay Carson?" Roy asks me, his handsome self, leaning against the door frame.

"I'm fine Harper." I snap at him and walk past him before stopping and turning back to face him as a realization hits me. "Um, thanks." I mutter and he walks over to me and brings his hand to his ear.

"I'm sorry, what was that? I couldn't quite hear you." he says with a teasing smile on his face.

"Okay listen here Harper, I'm only going to say this once," I say and sigh before continuing. "Thank you for carrying me after I got shot."

"Your welcome," he says a sincere smile on his face for a brief moment before a teasing one replaces it. "You know technically you said it two times."

"Excuse me?" I ask him with an annoyed expression.

"Well you said you were only going to say thank you once but you actually said it twice." he says and shoots me that dazzling smile of his.

I roll my eyes at him and walk away.

"You're impossible." I grumble to him as he falls into step beside me.

"Maybe," he says and shrugs. "But, I'm right, aren't I?"

He looks over at me as we step into the elevator, waiting for an answer. I simply roll my eyes at him and look away.

"See you can't deny it." Roy says and I look at him to see a cheeseball smile on his face.

"Oh please Harper, I didn't admit it." I say with a smile.

"But, you didn't deny it, either." he says.

"But, I didn't admit it." I respond and look over at him with a glare.

He just smiles at me and says again, "But, you didn't deny it either."

I groan and glare at him to which he just smiles again.

"You are literally the most annoying person in the entire world." I say to him as we exit the elevator.

"Really? I thought you held that position." he responds with a smirk.

I roll my eyes at him and walk over to the others. Diggle and Laurel look up at us and I can see the smirk playing on Laurel's lips. However, I ignore her and look to Oliver and Felicity. Felicity has her hand on Oliver's shoulder and she's looking up at him, love filling her eyes. He's looking down at her, in the same way causing me to smile.

"She's good for him." I say more to myself than the others.

"What?" Diggle asks.

"He needs someone caring like Felicity in his life to keep him from well," I say and pause trying to think of the right words. "To keep him on track and involved, to keep him from isolating himself, going dark."

Diggle and Laurel nod in agreement as Felicity and Oliver approach us.

"So what's the plan with Sara?" Diggle asks.

"I have an old friend, he's," Oliver pauses. "Gifted in certain ways. I met him on the island." he makes eye contact with me.

Everyone turns to look at me and I search through my mind to figure out who he's talking about. The realization hits me and I look at Oliver with an annoyed expression.

"Constantine?" I sigh.

Oliver nods and continues to say, "His name is John Constantine, he's going to help us fix whatever's wrong with Sara. I called him and he should be here anytime now."

"Did it have to be Constantine?" I ask Oliver and he gives me a look that says what else did you want me to do?

"What's wrong with Constantine?" Laurel asks and looks to me with concern, I ignore her look but still respond...kind of.

"He um," I pause. "He kind of um,"

I stutter trying to figure out the right way to describe Constantine and I's relationship while Oliver tries and fails to hold back his laughter. I shoot him a glare and throw the closest thing I can reach, which is a mug, at him. He catches it and smiles at me.

"Go on Becca, tell them." Oliver says with a smug look.

"He kind of has a crush on me." I grumble to them.

"Wait that's it?" Diggle asks, his face showing a disappointment like really? I thought you were going to say that he's a serial killer or something but it's just that he has a crush?

"When she says crush, she means he's head over heels in love with her." Oliver says and begins to laugh again.

"I will kill you in your sleep." I growl at him but he just walks away, still laughing. "He's not in love with me." I say to the group. "He just likes to flirt with me and annoy the crap out of me."

"Like Roy?" Felicity asks and I shoot her a vicious glare.

"I do not flirt with her." Roy says at the same time I say, "He does not flirt with me."

We look at each other for a moment before quickly looking away. I shoot Felicity another glare and she just smiles sweetly at me. Oliver walks back over to us, no longer laughing.

"Constantine should be here any moment and-" Oliver says and as if on cue the elevator doors open.

"I have arrived!" I hear Constantine's voice declare. I groan inwardly as he launches into his introduction speech. "My name is John Constantine. I am the one who steps on the shadows, all trenchcoat, and arrogance. I'll drive your demons away, kick 'em in the bollocks, and spit on them when they're down, leaving only a nod, a wink, and a wisecrack. I walk my path alone because let's be honest... who would be crazy enough to walk it with me?"

I let out a terribly suppressed groan before turning around.

-

YEEESSSSSS!!!!!!! CONSTANTINE!!!!! I loved him so much when he came to arrow so I had to write about him! Thanks for reading everyone! I love seeing votes and comments! :)