Chapter Sixteen

"You guys were practically kissing!" Laurel exclaims.

After I had completely ignored her pestering question last night when I went straight to my room and slammed the door, she had given up. But, seeing as it was the next morning and there was nowhere for me to hide, she had returned to annoying me.

"Laurel," I groan.

"He literally had you trapped against a wall!!!" Laurel continues as we walk into the campaign office.

We earn a few strange looks from a few of the office workers and I glare at Laurel as we walk back into Oliver's office. He looks up from his desk to offer us a small smile.

"Becca, Laurel, what can I do for you?" he asks politely prompting me to burst into laughter.

"Damn, so professional Ollie," I laugh and Laurel joins in.

Oliver glares at us as he stands up and begins to mess with his tie. I roll my eyes and walk up to him, fixing his tie. His hands gently grip my waist and I smile up at him.

"Gosh Ollie, you've been wearing tuxes and suits since you were like three years old and yet you still can't tie a tie," I say and he grins down at me.

"That's why I have you," he says with a smile.

"Uh huh," I say and smile up at him. "What would you ever do without me?" I tease him.

"Surely I wouldn't last," Oliver says sarcastically.

"Clearly," I tease him before I finish with his tie.

I gently reach up and mess up his hair. He grabs my wrist and glares down at me. I glare back at him before we both chuckle. I smile at him before I pull back, his hands leaving my waist.

"Later Ollie," I call back to him as Laurel and I walk back into the secret elevator.

As we begin the decent downwards, Laurel glances at me oddly.

"What?" I ask her and she just shakes her head. "Laurel," I push her and she sighs.

"Did you and Oliver ever like, you know?" Laurel asks as we walk out into the arrow cave.

"What?" I ask her. "You're gonna need to be a little bit more specific,"

"Were you guys ever together? Like together together?" Laurel asks me and I roll my eyes at her.

"What? Are we in sixth grade?" I ask her and she glares at me. "Yeah okay I know what you mean, okay honestly, we spent five years on a deserted island together, what do you think?"

"I mean I didn't want to assume," Laurel says quietly.

"Well, it's not what you think, yes we were together but we weren't," I say with a shrug. "It was kind of off and on until Sara came into the picture,"

"What?" a voice asks and I turn to see a nearly devastated Felicity.

"Oh Felicity, please, it was years ago, it doesn't mean anything to either of us now," I tell her quickly.

"But it still happened," she says as a tear falls down her cheek.

"A very very long time ago, before he had even met you," I say softly.

She stares down at the ground before she slowly begins to nod.

"You're right, I'm being stupid," she says and quickly turns back to her computer.

I glance uneasily at Laurel and she offers me a soft smile.

"I wouldn't worry about it Felicity, I caught Becca and Roy the other day, very close," Laurel teases and smirks at me.