Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

After Roy and I walked back in, everyone but Oliver, Laurel and Sara had left. Sara makes eye contact with me and smiles. I smile slightly back at her.

"Alright, well I'm gonna go," Roy says awkwardly before glancing over at me.

Our eyes meet and I raise my eyebrow at him. He sends me a flirty wink and I just roll my eyes at him.

"See you later Carson," he says as he turns and walks away.

"In your dreams Harper," I respond with a smirk.

"You wish," he snaps back as he turns to face us in the elevator.

"You wish," I mock him before letting a small smile spread across my face.

The elevator doors close and he dissapears from sight. I shake my head with a smile on my face as I turn back to the others. Oliver is trying to hide a smile on his face, Laurel is smirking at me and Sara's face is nearly unreadable, but I could tell she was processing something.

"What?" I snap at them.

"Nothing," Laurel says, still smirking at me.

I glare at her and say, "I wasn't asking you,"

Her smirk fades and a tense silence settles around us.

"Alright, well, I'm heading home," Oliver says, breaking the tense silence and walking towards the elevator.

"Yeah, me too, you coming?" Laurel asks Sara.

She nods and they follow after Oliver, leaving me to myself. I sigh and walk over to the training area. I grab a pair of boxing gloves and set to work. I don't know how much time has passed but when the elevator dings I am drenched in sweat and I'm pretty sure my knuckles are covered in blisters.

"Hurry up!" I hear Felicity's panicked voice scream.

"I'm trying!" I hear a male voice respond back.

I walk towards their voices and am horrified to see Felicity's jacket torn to streads and her hair completely tangled. There is a streak of blood on her left arm and I feel my chest tighten in panic.

"Oh my god! Felicity what happened?!" I exclaim, quickly rushing to her aid.

"No time to explain, he's coming," she says breathlessly.

I don't know who he is, but I quickly pull the gun that was tucked into the back of my jeans out and aim it at the door.

"Go, hide, now!" I yell at Felicity and the man with her who I've barely even glanced at.

They nod and quickly head to the back of the arrow cave. The elevator dings and I steady my hands. The doors open, and there is no one there. I keep my gun steady as I inch closer and just as I'm about to reach the doors, something knocks my gun out of my hand. I look in astonishment to see a card sticking out of the side of my gun. I whip my head around to see a man, covered in tattoos staring at me.

"Where is the Green Arrow?" He roars.

"Sorry, he's not in right now," I say sassily.

The man glares at me and I watch in surprise as the card tattoos on his skin seem to peal away from his body. He takes the cards in hand and begins to throw them at me. I narrowly avoid the cards as I advanced towards him however the cards smash into technology all around the room. I run backwards, looking for something to block the cards with. I flinch as one of his cards lodges itself into the power panel causing sparks to shower everywhere. One of his cards skims my cheek and I growl as an anger ignites within me. I push forward and swing at him. He dodges my punch and throws one back. I barely manage to block his blows and I only knock him a few times. I falter slightly as the stitches in my shoulder strain when I lift my arm to punch him again, giving him the chance to shoove me to the ground. He pries another card from his skin. He kneels down beside me, holding me down with one hand while the card inches closer to my face. He brings it down to my face and presses it into my cheek. I glare up at him with menace in my eyes as he drags the card down my cheek. Just as he brings it to my throat, I hear a shot go off. The man groans and grips his arm giving me the chance to knee him in the crotch. He doubles over and I jump up. I nail him in the side with my foot and he crumples to the ground. I turn to look from where the shot came from to see Felicity looking like she had seem a ghost holding a gun very timidy in her hands.