Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

After dragging Roy to practically every thrill ride at the carnival, including the rollercoaster which he wasn't thrilled about considering the giant bag of cotton candy he had eaten directly before, we sat down on a bench not too far from the ferris wheel. I stare out at the carnival, all the people laughing, riding rides, eating cotton candy and caramel corn, it was the most normal place I had been in forever, something was wrong.

"Why did you bring me here?" I ask him softly.

"To have the time of your life!" he responds and smiles at me.

"What's the real reason?" I ask him and he looks away from me.

"Come on, let's ride the ferris wheel!" he exclaims.

He grabs my arm and drags me over to it and I roll my eyes at his obvious attempt to avoid the question. Once we are secured in the cabin where he can't escape, I look at him.

"Roy, tell me why we are really here," I say softly.

He sighs and stares down at his hands. We jolt slightly as the wheel begins to turn before he looks up at me.

"Oliver didn't want you around when whatever was happening with Sara, happened," he says.

I sigh. That's Ollie, always trying to protect me when I can take care of myself perfectly fine.

"Thanks," I say and smile at him.

"For what?" he asks surprised.

"I can't remember that last time I did something like this. I was trapped on a hellish island for years where there was nothing but death lurking around every corner. And even after the island, there was the League of Assasins and the Triad and all this other shit in my life." I say, looking back up at him. "This is the first time in forever that I have done something fun, the first time I have had a fun night, so thank you,"

He smiles at me, "Your welcome,"

I smile back at him, both of our gazes lingering slightly too long on the other. I turn away as my cheeks flush slightly red to look out at the view. The ferris wheel jolts slightly as we stop, directly at the top. I stare out at the beautiful city spread out before me. The lights twinkle in the distance, it looks incredible. It seems like the perfect city, you couldn't see all the horrible things that actually happened down there from up here on the ferris wheel. 

"It's beautiful," I breathe out in awe.

Roy doesn't respond and I tear my gaze from Star City to look at him. He had been staring at me and it was at this moment that I realized how close we were. His arm was resting behind me on the back of the seat, his face was centimeters from mine, just like before. I gasp slightly as his other hand gently tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. The urge to kiss him was lingering in the back of my mind and it comes surging forward when his hand gently rest on my thigh. He leans towards me and my heart jumps in my chest. I mentally curse at myself, I cannot let him have this type of affect on me. 

"Who's the better tease now?" he whispers and I glare at him.

"You're an asshole," I grumble at him.

"Haven't we been over this already?" he says and grins at me.

I roll my eyes at him and turn my attention back to the city. I keep my eyes locked on the city and keep them anywhere but Roy. I continue this as we get off the Ferris Wheel and as we ride back to the Arrow Cave and as we walk into Palmer Technologies.

"Are you ignoring me?" I hear him ask me.

I roll my eyes and walk faster, towards the elevator.

"Oh so you are ignoring me," he says as we both step into the elevator.

I continue to ignore him and he sighs.

"Admit it, you wanted me to kiss you," he says and I look up at him to see his signature smirk on his face.

I roll my eyes at his unbelievable arrogance and walk over to him.

"Admit it, you wanted to kiss me," I respond as I walk towards him, forcing him to back up until his back hits the elevator wall.

I run my hand through his hair and lock them behind his neck.

"Admit it," I mumble leaning in towards him.

"You admit it," he responds, leaning down towards me.

The elevator dings and I unlock my arms from behind his neck as a smile spreads across my lips.

I walk backward out of the elevator, facing him as I say, "In your dreams Harper,"

"Oh come on Carso..." his words die in his throat as his eyes focus on something behind me.

I slowly turn around to see everyone standing in front of me. I have no clue how much they heard and a panic sets inside me. But then, Oliver walks out from behind the others, with someone leaning on him, walking with him. I watch as her eyes find Laurel and she rushes to her as fast as she can, which isn't very fast considering the condition she's in. When she pulls away from her sister, her eyes find me.

"Becca?" she breaths out.

Every single muscle in my body freezes. A rush of emotions hit me, shock, surprise, sorrow, confusion, my heart pounds and constricts and makes me want to scream out in pain. Bringing my hands to cover my mouth as I gasp, I take in the sight of Sara Lance.

She's leaning on Oliver for support. Her hair isn't quite as blond as it used to be and she seems more.......broken, but aren't we all? She's different, but it's still Sara. I wipe the tear that had escaped and try my best to hold the rest of them back. My eyes remain pinned to her and every memory we've ever shared together flashes through my mind. Smiles. Tears. Yelling. Hugging. Crying. Sharing. Arguments. Laughs. Being hung from the ceiling by our wrists. Splashing each other in the river. Bloody faces after a trying fight with the enemy. Long talks at night, staring at the stars. And so much more. I can tell from the look on her face, she's remembering too.

"Hey Becca." she says causing tears to flood down my face once again.

"Sara," I choke out causing tears to brim in both our eyes.

I take a few steps back, so much pain and heartache flooding throughout my entire body that it feels unbearable. I cannot believe she is here, after so many years of longing, crying and wishing for this moment, it's finally here and I have absolutely no idea what to do. Luckily, whenever I don't know what to do, Sara does.

She approaches me, shaky without Oliver's support. Everyone's eyes are glued to us, but I barely even notice. My eyes are glued to Sara's. So many painful emotions flow throughout my entire body and each step she takes makes my heart constrict a little bit more. When she finally reaches me, she gently tucks my hair behind my ear before cupping my face.

"I missed you so much," she says quietly.

And then, she leaned in, pressing her lips to mine in a kiss.

-

*devilish smile* Was anyone expecting it? I tried to drop some not too obvious hints but knowing me, it was probably obvious. Oops! Well anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed! Thanks for reading! Votes and comments are always appreciated! I love you guys! :)