Chapter 47

Emma's POV

Anthony and I decided to go in the water first. We splashed each other endlessly.

But, then I saw him go under water and not come up. " Anthony......" I say.

No response. I start to worry, " Anthony, where did you go?" Still no response. " Come on, Anthony. This isn't funny. Where are you?"

"Boo," A voice says behind me, and I scream. I turn around and see Anthony, laughing.

" I hate you so much, " I say to him, playfully hitting his arm.

" No, you don't" He says, pulling me into him with one hand, the other hand brushed my hair out of my face.

" Yes, I do, " I say stubbornly.

" Well, I love you ," He says, kissing my forehead, still tightly

" I love you too, " I say, giving in.

I kiss him on the lips and then when we break apart, I splash him and laugh, while running away. He chases after me.

I squeal and run to our towel. He catches up to me and tickles me. We have so much fun.

After the splash war, we built a sandcastle, while Do You Want to Build a Snowman with changed lyrics.

Do you want to build a sandcastle

Or bury each other in the sand

I think some company is overdue

I've started talking to

My shovel and my pail

We made so many jokes that I was so sad when we had to leave. We cleaned the sand off and then walked on the boardwalk a little bit. But, sadly soon, it was time to go home.

In the car, we just talked and had fun together and then, we had arrived at my house. He walked me to my door and was about to kiss me good night when my dad opened the door.

"Eww. Eww. Eww. Okay, wait a second, " Dad says, as he turns around. " Okay, you can kiss her" We laugh as Anthony pulls me into him and we kiss. There was not only sparks, but huge bright fireworks. We were each other's first loves.

It's almost as if Anthony was thinking the same thing, because he pulled me closer. I'm guessing dad turned around because he said, " Gosh, how long are you going to kiss her? Eww!"

I smile against Anthony's lips and pull away. " I love you, Anthony, " I say.

" I love you, Emma, " Anthony replied, as Dad's eyes narrowed.

" Get in, Emma, " Dad says, holding the door open. I laugh as I say goodbye to Anthony and go inside.