Chapter 5

OMG! The guy I just ate lunch with is in Hamilton. The musical Lexi loves and the soundtrack that I have recently developed an obsession about. 

I stare in silence before realizing its late. I go to sleep and dream about Broadway. 

The next morning, I wait at the place I was yesterday at lunchtime and in a couple minutes, I see Lin walking up to me. 

" I hate you so much" I say the minute he comes close. 

" What? But, we had so much fun yesterday?" he says, looking confused. 

" You are in Hamilton" I say, raising my eyes and glare at him. 

" So where do you want to go for lunch today?" he says, changing the subject. 

"Lin.." I warn. 

" Okay, sorry. But, when I said my name, you didn't react so I assumed that you didn't know what it was. " He looks so sad. I giggle.

" Technically, I don't. It is a recent obsession. I don't know actors because I just listened to the soundtrack. But, my best friend is obsessed." I say, before sighing and saying, " Let's go!"

" Wait, you still want to have lunch?" He says, perking up. I giggle and nod. 

So, we go to lunch and he says that he has very good news. I ask him what it is and he says, " So, I know your backstory and want to foster you. "

I stare blankly for a second. " What did you say?" 

" Well, not me. But, Vanessa and I" He says, looking so happy. 

" But, Vanessa doesn't know me" I state, frowning.

" Cheer up, kid. We want to foster you" he says, smiling. I let the happiness overwhelm me and smile. " Ah, there it is"

" When?" I say, grinning from ear to ear now. 

" Right now, if you want. " he says, smiling as wide as I am. We both probably look crazy, 2 people, smiling very wide.

" Well, not right now. Technically, we have to go to the Public Theater first. That is where Hamilton plays. I have a show in 3 hours so we have to go to get ready there first. You can watch the show from the wings and I'll get Vanessa to pick you up before the meet and greet so that you dont have to stay too late. "

"okay," I quickly agree and then I remember Lexi. " Actually, I have a question. Can I tell Lexi about the fostering? I kinda promised her that I would invite her over the minute I got a new home. "

" Of course, Maybe wait a little though" He says.

" How long?" I ask, wanting to meet up with my best friend again.

" maybe tomorrow you can tell her and the next day, you can invite her over." He suggests. I nod as we walk to the theater. We walk in and he sits me down in his dressing room and tells me to wait so he can get the whole cast to the stage so that he can introduce me. 

 As he tells me this, a man with a big smile and little hair walks in. " Hey, Lin. Who's this?"

" Um... could you go to the stage so I can introduce you all together. " Lin says. 

" By the way, I'm Emma. " I say, waving. I wonder who he plays. 

" I'm Leslie Odom Jr." He says, waving back. 

" Who do you play?" I ask, curiosity taking over.

Lin groans and says, "Stop talking so I can introduce everyone together."

" No, its okay. " I say giggling as Lin playfully glares at me.

"Leslie, out." Lin ushers Leslie out and I can't stop giggling. Lin talks to a girl and tells her, "can you make an announcement telling everyone to get to the stage so I can talk to everyone at the same time?"

The girl nods ad walks off. In a moment, we hear an announcement saying, " Everyone in the cast, please get to the stage. "

" Okay, ready kid"Lin says. 

" Ready" i confirm before stepping out an following him.