Chapter 35

[TIMESKIP to a couple days later]

I wake up the next day, with only one thought on my mind!!!! It's my birthday. I turn 18 today!!! I skip out to the kitchen where I see Dad, making pancakes. Yum!! My favorite!!

" Happy Birthday, sweetie. " Says Dad as I sit down.

" Thanks, Dad" I say, digging into my pancakes.

" Happy Birthday, E" calls mom, from the other room.

" Thanks, Mom" I say.

" So, what do you want to do today?" asks Dad.

I look at him confused. " It's just a birthday. Why would we do anything?" I ask, shoveling pancakes into my mouth.

" First off, classy" Says Dad and Mom snorts as she hands me a napkin, " And second, You turn 18 today and your adoption was finalized last night"

" Really?" I scream. They nod as I jump up and down, squealing.

"YAY!!" I scream.

" Wow, your more excited about this than your birthday. " Mom says, laughing.

" Why? Should I be excited about my birthday?" I question.

" Yes!!! You are officially 18. Have you never celebrated your birthday?" Asks Dad.

" No, Well, not that I can remember, " I say, rubbing my neck.

" Oh, no, no, no. That can't be.  " Says Dad, overreacting.

"Well, we will give you one that you can remember. " Says mom, hugging me from the side and I smile.

" We have to do something amazing," Says Dad.

" Okay, " I say, shrugging my shoulders and smiling.

" Well, we have a show at 8:30 pm, " says Dad. I smile, thinking that I would be able to spend my brithday with the cast.

" How about this? We can go out together for dinner and then, we can all go to the show tonight and eat the cake there. " Says Mom. I am confused, cake?

" What's wrong?" asks dad.

" Why cake?"I ask.

" Oh, right. Well, usually, people have a birthday cake on their birthday. " Explains Mom and I smile. Well, It is cake!

" Ok" I say, starting to get excited about my birthday for the first time.

Suddenly, screams flow from the baby monitor. I stand up and go to the nursery to get Sebastian.

I quiet him and then bring him out and give him to Vanessa, before returning to my pancakes.

" You know Em, you're really good with kids. " Says Dad, sitting down with me as Vanessa puts Sebastian in his high chair.

" I like babies, " I reply, shrugging my shoulders.

We finish breakfast and watch Movies till around 11:00, when Dad announced that his parents were going to come over to officially meet me. I met them very briefly backstage one day but I had to go home right after. So, I only said Hi.

" Hi" Said pretty much everyone as they entered. I heard it but since I was putting Sebastian down for his nap, I couldn't say hi. Mom and Dad have pretty much recruited me as Sebastian's new caretaker while they are there.

I quickly put Sebastian in his crib after he falls asleep and step outside. I wave and sit beside Vanessa on the couch, shyly.

" Oh, hi, " I say, waving hello to the two new people on our couch.

" Hi, nieta, " Says my grand-parents. I have learned so much spanish from Mom and Dad but I didn't know that one so Vanessa whispered, "Granddaughter."

I nod to her as they say, " feliz cumpleanos" I knew that one. It meant Happy birthday.

I say, " Gracias, " as wails and screams come from Sebastian's room. " Sorry, I guess I didn't wait long enough. I'll get him. "

As I put Sebastian down, I listen to the outside conversation.

" You make her put Sebastian down for naps?" Asks my grand-father.

" No, she likes to do that, " Replies Mom.

" So, how are you, hijo, " Says my Grand-mother.

" Good! Hamilton is going on Broadway and Em is going to be in it, " Dad says, excitedly. I smile.

" I know. You told us a million times, Lin, " Says My grand-father.

" I'm just so excited. " Says Dad. Sebastian actually falls asleep this time and I wait a little just to be sure, but when it is time, I put him down and walk back out.

" Ah, there she is. " Says My Grand-father.

" So, Emma, how old are you today?" asks grandma.

" 18" I reply, smiling.

" Really?" Says my Grandpa.

" I know right, she looks like a 8th grader, or so" Says Mom as I blush.

" Who are you going to play on Broadway?" Asks my grandpa.

" All of the girls.  I'm them on their off-days, " I explain.

" We will come see you on your first day, of course, " Says Grand-ma.

" If she ever learns the choreography to actually get up on stage, " Teases Dad.

" Hey, at least, I know all the songs and part of the choreography, " I say, " At least I still have 2 and a half months, "

" And you haven't even done a dress rehearsal for any of the characters, " Teases Mom.

" Hey, you try learning 4 parts in 3 months. Okay, its hard. " I say, defending myself.

We all talk and eat lunch and I grow closer to my grandparents and before they leave, I give them hugs.

" I liked them. " I say. smiling.

" And they really liked you, I could tell. " Said Mom and Dad quickly nodded. I blushed and looked at the time. It was 4:30.

" We should get ready for dinner, " I say, knowing how long it would take to get ready for me and Mom.

" Yeah, " agrees Mom.

I curl my hair and put on a pretty dress with really light makeup.

" I'm ready" I say, as I saw everyone else ready

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

" I'm ready" I say, as I saw everyone else ready. I grabbed my phone and we left.