Chapter 11

After Vanessa put Sebastian to bed, we went to the living room and she cooked dinner for us and Lin when he got back. 

We both found out that we like Gossip Girls. 

So, we were talking about that. But, I steered the conversation away. 

"Vanessa, can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Of course, " She says,  looking up for the pasta she was stirring. 

" My best friend, Lexi, loves Hamilton and Musical theater and I wanted to ask if I could invite her over soon?" I ask as Vanessa plates the pasta. 

" Of course." Vanessa chuckles. " Have you told her that your being fostered by Lin and me?" 

" No, Not yet. Lin said to maybe wait but I wanted to do it soon because once the paparazzi catches me with you guys then she will know. She won't forgive me if she finds out through some magazine. " I say, sadly, reaching for my fork. 

" You can do it now, if you'd like" She says. 

"yay. You don't know how hard it was to not put a picture on Instagram or twitter of me and the cast. " I say, giggling. I quickly slurp up my pasta and run to my room to get my phone. 

I call Lexi but she doesn't pick up so I text her saying I need to talk to you ASAP.

I run back to Vanessa and say, " She didn't pick up. I think she is still at dinner with her parents. "

" How long have you been friends?" Asks Vanessa. 

" Almost 4 years. " I say, smiling. 

" Tell me about her" says Vanessa, leaning forward to open up her laptop. 

" Well, she is the only one who knew about the abusing families and my foster brother likes her so none of my foster family can be rude to me when she is over. So, she is literally my savior. " I say, remembering so many memories. 

" oooo. What color do you want your room to be?" Asks Vanessa. 

" maybe aqua" i say. "Green and Blue are my favorite colors. So maybe a mix of the two. "

" ok. We can pick it up tomorrow. " says Vanessa. " What about clothes? Any preferences? Specific Colors or fabrics?" 

"No. I'm good with most stuff, " I say. We spend about an hour, looking at clothes, not buying things because Pippa, Renee and Jasmine are taking me shopping tomorrow.

" Hello, " calls out Lin, having arrived home. 

"Hey, hon. We are in the kitchen" calls out Vanessa, her eyes never leaving the laptop. 

" Is Vanessa shopping again?" Teases Lin. I laugh. Vanessa fake pouts. 

" Yup" I say, in between giggles. 

" Traitor, " Mutters Vanessa under her breath. Loud enough that we could hear but soft enough that it would be considered a whisper. 

Bing!

Our eyes go to my phone. I get a text from Lexi saying , What do you need to tell me?

I look up at Vanessa, who says, " Go ahead, sweetheart. "

I take a deep breath and press call. I put it on speaker.

Ring! Ring! Rin- " Yeah, Em. What's up?"

" My foster mom said I could tell you who they are ." I say. 

"Okay, you are freaking me out. Are they drug dealers or in the Witness Protection Program or something?" Says Lexi, fully alert. 

Vanessa and Lin snort and I laugh, " No! Lex! By the way, you were on speaker. "

" Oops!" she squeaks out. 

" Anyways, so my foster parents are.... " I start, " Lin-Manuel Miranda and Vanessa Nadal"

 There is a pregnant pause. " You are lieing. Actually, please tell me that you aren't lieing. I'm sooooo coming over. " whispers Lexi. 

" Hi, Lexi" says Lin. 

" Oh my god. I called Lin-Manuel Miranda a drug dealer "' says a tiny whisper and I laugh. 

" I just didn't want to lie to you about them so I had to tell you. "  I say and Lin passes me a note. On it, it says, ' Tell her that we will pick her up on Tuesday and take her to see Hamilton if she wants. ' Today was Saturday

 I give him a thumbs up and say, " Lex, if you want, Lin's offering to take you to see Hamilton with us Tuesday. "

" I just can't? What? What the hell is happening?" Squeals Lexi. " How do you think that I can wait till Tuesday to see you"

" You're going to have to" I laugh out. 

" Okay, I'm going to go scream bye. " She says quickly before the line cuts off. 

" I think that is a yes" says Vanessa and we laugh. 

" Okay kid, go to bed and tomorrow, go hang out with the girls. They are going to pick you up at 9:30 am because our show is at 8:00 tomorrow. " says Lin. 

" Night, Vanessa. Night, Lin" I say before heading to the bedroom, My bedroom. I smile as I plop down on the bed. 

Whoa, 3 chapters in one day and more to come. I'm off summer camp so I have all day to write!!!