Chapter 34

I step into the theater the next day, excited, as I get to start rehearsals. I walk to Andy, who is our choreographer. For an hour, Andy taught me Eliza's part for The Schuyler Sisters and Helpless. After that hour, Renee came in to help with the choreography by being Angelica so I had someone to react to.

When it was time for the show, I watched Phillipa carefully, making sure that I would be able to do all the stuff she is doing. I made mental notes through out the whole thing.

After the show, I practice those moves and tricks while the cast was at the meet and greet. Andy helps me a little with tips for what I don't get. For example, how to get from point A to point B in under 20 seconds, a lot of backstage stuff like that.

Overall, it was pretty fun! After that, we went home and the moment we got in, Lin and I could hear Sebastian's cries. Vanessa comes running out and says, " Thank god! E, please sing the song from yesterday! I think he likes it so much that he won't go to sleep without it now. Last night, he slept through the night. So, Please!"

I immediately nod and say, " Of course! You don't even have to ask. " I go to Sebastian's room and pick him up as I sing the lullaby from last night. He slowly falls asleep as I gently rock him in my arms.

I gently put him in his crib when Vanessa puts her arm on my shoulder and whispers, " Thanks, "

" No problem. It's surprisingly fun!" I whisper back.

We walk out of the room and into the living room as Vanessa says, " So, do you want to go shopping for your room today? I realized that we never went."

She looked so happy and I didn't want to burst her bubble. So, I said, "Sure, seems fun. But, only if you don't shop like Pippa and Renee. Hours on end. No stopping. "

" Sure" She laughs as she collects her purse and phone.

I grab my phone too and call, " Lin, we are going to the mall, okay?"

"Okay" He calls back.

We get into the car and just talk till we get to the mall.

" So, what color do you want your room, " Vanessa asks.

" Some shade of green or blue." I say, smiling as we look through some swatches. We agree on a paint color called Cruising by Sherwin-Williams. [Look it up to see the color]

" Ok, next, bed Stuff, " Vanessa says. I ask what that means and she replies saying, " Comforters, pillows, maybe a rug if you want. "

I nod as we go to a couple stores and find some things. I got a pillow that says, Fries before guys. Vanessa says that Lin would like that one and I laugh. I also got 2 emoji pillows, one with the heart eyes and the other one with the happy tears , as those were the emoji's that I used the most.

We also got a beautiful purple comforter with a couple purple and white pillows for my bed. We were going to stop at that, but Vanessa saw a fuzzy rug and said, " Since your bedroom has hardwood in it, this rug would be perfect". So, we got it too.

Last but not least, we got a comfortable beanbag chair that is white and pale green. [Everything listed is above]

But, I wanted to make the room  little more personal since it would be mine forever soon. So, we got a cork-board that I would put pictures on. As soon as we got home, I printed out pictures and put them up!

After putting the pictures on the cork board, Vanessa, Lin and I worked on getting my room ready

After putting the pictures on the cork board, Vanessa, Lin and I worked on getting my room ready. After it was done, I stood in the doorway and smiled.

" Looks great, Sweetie" Says Vanessa, coming up behind me.

" Thanks, Vanessa, er... Um, Vanessa, I have a question" I ask.

" Yeah, anything, " She says, turning towards me.

" Um.... Can I call you mom? " I say, blushing.

" oh, sweetheart, of course. " She says, hugging me.

" It's just I've never called anyone mom before because of my mom's death." I says, shyly, hiding my red face.

" Of course, you can," Vanessa says, pushing the hair out of my face and smiling at me.

I smile and say, " Okay... mom,"