Chapter 2

But, lunch couldn't come fast enough. I was walking through the hallway when my books were knocked out of my hands. I knew who it was, but me being an idiot, looked up to see Mike. Another of my foster siblings. He has been my bully even before I got to the house. 

" Hey, slut. " he says and his little groupies around him laughed. How are they so stupid as to think thats funny?

" Idiot" Says Lexi, coming to my defense. She helps me gather my books and walks with me to my next class. Mike likes Lexi so he never hurts me around her. I especially love it when she comes over. None of my family members are allowed to touch me or even speak to me except for Mike, by rules of Mike. 

" You okay?" she says. I just nod but inside, I was going crazy. I am officially done. I tell her that I needed to tell her something important at lunch, I would tell her that I want to leave or run away from that house.

 I want her to come over to my house so I can pack stuff and tell the 'family' that I was going to her house when in reality, I would just go. I don't know where. I just know that I can't stay there any longer. 

The next couple of classes are torture. Or as Lexi would say, hell. However, I don't cuss, I use substitutes. I cannot wait till lunch and when the bell rings, I dart for the door and run to the cafeteria. As usual, my bee-otch and a-hole, or as Mike calls them, Mom and Dad, forgot to pack lunch or add money.

I eat out of Lexi's lunch box as I rant to her about the many reasons that I am leaving. She waits in silence and then says, " Just live with me till you turn 18"

"Lex, I love your parents and stuff... but I can't. That is the first place people will look for me. I'll get a job and when I get a apartment, I will text you the address so you can visit me. okay?" I say.

"When are you leaving?" She says after a pause of silence.

" tonight" I smile guiltily. 

" Ok" She agrees, " I'll help you. But, you need a bigger time gap. Tell people that you are staying at my house for the whole weekend and then you can stay one day, Friday and leave the next. Which will give you at least 2-ish days" 

"Thanks, Lex." I say, hugging her. 

"Don't thank me yet. You are staying tonight only for Hamilton. Since you won't be here for my birthday. I mean, you will but not long enough to listen to the whole thing. " she says, sheepishly.

I laugh and say okay. At least, my last night with Lexi will be fun.