Chapter 36

My hands touched the bunch of books that i just placed on the table, my curiosity about finding that one magical book Aiden's grandma mentioned has finally reached it's peak and I've been searching for it from last one month.

After the traumatic incident with that strange man who came to my room and my powers took the best of me although I am still finding more and more about myself as a queen and as a demon's wife, I learned to control my powers.

Ever since that incident, Aiden's demon army has been on guard and he himself got overprotective for me but I don't blame him that day is still so vivid in my memories and that face I have been trying my best to forget it but not able to.

There is so much missing from my life a lot of lies have been fed to me since the death of my parents and I don't even know if I have any people whom I can call my real family-like from my mother's side or my father's side and I need the answers to all these questions.

"Thud.."

I turned around to find the origin of the voice and saw a door in between the stalls of the books which I am seeing for the first time in here. Its gate fell open creating that noise, I walked closer to that door and tried to peek inside but it was pitch black. I turned around to get a lamp from the table but gasped when all the air left my lungs and I was sucked inside the black room. I fell hard on the hard ground. it is still pitch black and I couldn't make out anything in the room.

"What do you seek?" The words appeared on what I assume is a wall, in big and white. What the heck is this place?

"I want to find out about my parent's death." that was the first thing that left my mouth. My own words as I spoke appeared on the wall. Suddenly I felt a powerful blow of wind and then bright light. I closed my eyes and when I opened them again I was in a different place.

I gasped as soon as I recognized the place, my parent's house. I walked inside the house it was pitch black but I kept walking I heard some muffled voices from my room and went closer. 

"We will do everything to protect our daughter from the demon." my father's voice was shakey like he was crying.

"We can leave this place and hide her from the world forever." I could hear my mother cry. i tried to open the door and take a look inside.

I was right there laying on the bed my parents sitting on the floor and another man standing at the end of the bed wearing all black. What the heck was going on here?

The man turned around and my eyes widened as I saw the same man who came to my room and the person who introduced himself to me as Aiden Blackthorne. 

"The Demon will come to take her with him when she comes to the age and her soul will forever be possessed by that demon." He spoke to my parents. my mother was crying her eyes out as she heard that.

"Take her wherever you want, he will come looking for her. No place will ever be safe for her, nothing can protect her from that demon." His voice was getting deeper and scarier.

"How can I believe your words..you are one of them." My father spoke. The guy laughed.

"There is a black mark on the left side of her chest. Right?" He asked.

"Yes, but h..how do you know?" My mother asked him.

"He gave this mark to her in her previous birth and now he will come for her to claim her soul." He closed his eyes for a moment and when he opened them again they were pitch black. "He took her from me so I shall never let him get her."

"Please save our daughter, Help us." Both my parents were holding their hands in front of him begging for a way to save me but from whom, Aiden? I don't understand.

"There is one way to save her" After a pause, he continued. " Get something that belongs to her and come with me." He started walking towards me, startled by their sudden movement I walked backwards and fell on my back but they all walked past me like they couldn't see me. my eyes fell on my mother's hands which held a watch of mine that I always used to wear, it was a gift from dad.

Suddenly the sceneries around me changed like I was in a dream and there were trees around me I was standing on the edge of a river, I frantically searched for someone and saw my parent's car pulling up over the bridge, they both stepped out and I saw that fake Aiden guy appear out of nowhere near my parents which startled them too.

"You must make the sacrifice of your lives to save her." He began to say and was cut off by my father.

"But what will happen to her after we are gone."

"Take her belonging to the Dark Lord himself and beg for his mercy, only he has the power over every Demon. Go and make a deal with him to save her." He finished rather aggressively.

"We Must do it to save her." My mother screamed at my father and in a matter of seconds, she grabbed his arm and pulled him with her into the river. I screamed. 

"No..." Tears flowing down my eyes, I witnessed as my parents fell in the river with such force that they hit themselves on the rocks and the color of the river changed to red with their blood. I ran to jump in the water to save them but it was gone, everything that I just saw just vanished and I was laying on the library floor. I stood up to search for that strange doorway to the darkroom but couldn't find anything.

I fell back on the floor in tears and a shock at what happened to them and how it happened to them. 

Who is that man and what does he want from me, why would he tell my parents that Aiden killed me in my previous birth. I was going insane with all these thoughts in my mind when Aiden came in the library screaming my name. He looked worried.

"Sweetheart, where the hell were you? I searched the whole place for you. Are you okay? I sensed something wrong. Were you in danger? Did he came back? Say something." He was panting by now, he kneeled down beside me and hugged me. This sweet person who goes crazy if i even get a scratch, how could he ever hurt me in any life?

"Aiden i found out about my parents and much more."  

******************

More chapters coming soon!!

I hope you all are safe in these crazy Covid times.

Take care and stay safe everyone.