Chapter 22

Soo...I wasn't planning on publishing this part untill next week but then I changed my mind, afterall the more you want the more I'll give.....

-----

"Wanna talk about what happened to you?" I asked him as I sat in front of him at his bed and he was sitting on a chair opposite me.

"Will you tell me why you didn't escaped from here?" He stared blankly at me and I heave out a sigh.

"I tried to escape Andrew but I failed, Aiden came in my way and I crashed into a tree and lost conscious." I explained with a long sigh at the end.

"I was worried about you, I thought the same thing will happen to you too." He said but he didn't looked me in the eye.

"What same thing will happen to me? Are you hiding something from me, again?" I stared at him but he didn't said anything back.

"What is it Andrew? "

"Don't you think if it concerns my life then I should know about the things that happen here, every single thing. " I reasoned to him and I saw him crack a bit and open his mouth.

"Do you remember the day we were playing in that waterfall? "He asked me as he looked me in the eye.

"Yes, I do." I told him.

"Then you may remember the question you asked me that day but I never answered it." I recalled every moment from that day and came up blank. I don't know why but I couldn't pin point about which question he is talking.

"I knew you would forget." He said with a fake laughter at the end.

"Anyways, you asked me why there are no girls of your age or older around here." Then it hit me, I was always curious about this but I choosed to not ask this question to Aiden so that I don't ruin that peaceful moment. And I asked it to Andrew but he didn't answered and I ignored the topic after that.

"Yes, now I remember everything. " I wanted to say more but I got cut off by Andrew.

"The girl's get taken by demon's."

I just sat there stunned at that, do they take away every girl in this town? But...why?

"Some get lucky and live a good life with them but not all of them get this good life many of them were tortured, raped not by one but by many of them, and if they survive after all the beating and exploitation then they end up working as a maid there." He said and I was speechless, I couldn't think of this kind of stuff happening to the innocent girls. Now I understand why Aiden and I's relation and me having to go in that world has bothered Andrew so much.

But I never saw anything like this. How does he even know this? I'm sure not all the humans are able to go there, then how does he know about this stuff.

"H..how do you know about all this?" I asked him. He stood up from his chair and walked up to me and sat beside me.

"I assume Aiden has already told you the truth about your grandparents! " I nodded in agreement and he continued.

"Lillian is my elder sister." He said and my eyes widened at that, why didn't she ever told me about that.

"She was lucky that her soulmate found her before she turned eighteen or the young demons would have takrn her away too. Because she was young and could be a great toy to them, but luckily caleb found her and took her with him."

He explained everything and I blinked a few times before I could process all this new found information. I thought when Aiden told me that those black shadows are young demons, I imagined them to be small kids, but I guess I was terribly wrong.

"I never thought that they could do something like this to the girl's here. But I trust Aiden and I know he will forever protect me. You should not worry about me and beside Lillian and I are friend's, and we can take care of each other." I assured him but he let out a loud fake laugh and then inched closer to me.

I felt his hands grip mine and I tried to retreat it but he intertwined our fingers and pulled that hand up to his mouth, placing a small kiss on the back of my hand.

"How can you trust a heartless dark sole? Demons are known to trick everyone aand find a loop hole to escape from every deal they make with anyone. I warned you to not trust anyone, and I still mean it, Vero. " he whispered in my ear and now my mind was messed. I fell into deep thoughts that I forgot everything around me and I cane back to my senses when I felt something wet touch my lips.

My eyes opened in surprise and I saw the closed eyes of Andrew, I was to shocked to even think properly let alone react to it.

I felt his lips move over mine trying to urge me move my own lips in sync with his but before I could react anything, or try to push him away, he was pulled away from my body and thrown across into the hard wall.

I screamed in shock and when I stood up I saw Aiden trying to kill Andrew. He chocked him hard with his right hand and despite all the struggles andrew was having to breath, he still had a smirk on his face, a victory smirk.

I quickly ran to Aiden and pulled at his hand to stop him but he wouldn't budge. I teied again but he shrugged me away from him and continued his assault.

"Aiden....Aiden.....stop please....stop..I beg you." Tears started to fall down my eyes because of seeing him this out of control. I was terrified of him, so scared but I knew I had to stop him or he'll kill Andrew and I would never be able to forgive myself if it happened.

"Aiden..." I shouted his name to bring Aiden back in control and the I pullued hard at his hands with all the energyi have, this time he stopped but when he turned to me, I fell silent because I knew this time Aiden couldn't win over his demon and his demon has taken full control over his body.