Chapter 37

Aiden's Pov

"Did you come with any good news?" I asked one of my demons as he made his way into the death room. 

"N..no my Lord." He said while bowing his head to me.

A whole army of the deadliest most dangerous demons failed to find me just one man. My rage was visible to them. Every day is a fight for control over my demon. As soon as he feels any danger over Veronica he wishes to take full control. I am afraid that it might be too soon for her to see the devil inside me, it will scare her.

"She is ours and will never be scared of us." said the demon in me.

" She will be if she saw you in your true form."

"Leave the room and only return once you find a trace of that bastard." I barked angrily to the demon bowing in front of me. He nodded and ran away.

The last month has been hard for us, veronica has been so distant after the attack, most of the time she buried herself deep in the library looking for some magical book that my Grandma told her about. I tried to tell her that there is no such book but she refused to believe me. Her lack of trust in us and her distant behavior drove my Demon crazy and he feared the worst.

My mind suddenly exploded with anxiety which I could sense from Veronica. Did that bastard show up again? I will kill him myself. I ran to our room to find it empty. 

"Guards, Search the place for Queen" I ordered and ran along to search the whole place. I looked everywhere room, closet, bathroom, kitchen, library, and some other rooms but she was nowhere to be found. Suddenly I heard her cries from the library.

I walked in to find her on the floor. I ran and kneeled beside her and started asking her so many questions.

"Aiden I found out about my parents and much more." 

********

Veronica's Pov

Aiden looked surprised at my sentence but I was ready now to share my thoughts and memory with him to make him see exactly what I saw and that's what I did. I told him all about that magical door and how it sucked me in and showed me what I asked for.  

He Sat in front of me holding my hands as I grant him access to my memory. I could feel his grip on my hand getting tighter and I feel like I heard him growl when the guy from the memory mentioned the mark on the chest being given by a demon. When I was done I opened my eyes and looked at him. He was shaking in rage with his eyes turning pitch black and for a second I think I saw a glimpse of something but can't tell what it was.

He suddenly groaned so loud that some of his guards came into the living room where we were sitting. I grabbed ahold of him and hugged him and tried to calm his demon. Aiden will never say anything about his struggle with his demon but he's been having a tough time controlling him. Slowly he came back to his senses and looked at me.

"I am so sorry veronica I failed to recognize him and let him get so close to you again." He apologized to me before hugging me back.

"What are you saying Aiden?"

"The mark that you have on your chest is b..because of m..me." His voice was filled with pain and he hung his head low avoiding my gaze. Hearing this from his own mouth I was shocked to the core. Was my mother right? Should I be scared of him?

"No, Veronica. I would never hurt you." My hands fell by my side.

"Then what is this all about my mark." I took a step back to meet his gaze. He held both my hands and pleaded to me.