The Possibilities Of Possibility

Six-Claws sighed. He understood that he was on important business in Possibility, but he didn't like the fact that he had to leave Thorn unprotected. Sure, she had guards, but with him away and Qibli at school, she wasn't truly protected if you asked him. School....he wondered how Ostrich was liking it. Qibli better be taking good care of her. With all the crazy explosions going on in the kingdom, he didn't need anything else to worry about. Thorn was trying her best to stop the bombs, but with their only spy being a young dragonet, they weren't getting far. Coal was a useful spy though, young as he was. He'd been trained by his own brothers to sneak in the dark and get what he needed. But his brothers never suspected that he'd use that talent against them. Six-Claws shook his head. He needed to focus. He glanced around the road and froze. Was that.....But it couldn't be. Impossible. Qibli was at school in Jade Mountain. There was absolutely no way that he'd be walking around Possibility with a couple of Nightwings. Six-Claws rolled his eyes. That was ridiculous, even for him. Maybe he should take a nap. But then the Sandwing, whoever it was, turned towards Six-Claws, as if he had recognized him. They made eye contact across the street and Six-Claws's eyes widened. The slightly twitching claws, the darting eyes, that zig-zagged scar on his snout; there was no denying it. That was Qibli. But what was he doing with a couple of Nightwings? Why was he here?

Qibli burst into the doctor's with wide eyes. 

"Um, two things." he began. "One, found somebody. Two, slight problem." 

"What's the problem?" Air asked nervously. 

"Six-Claws is here. I don't know why, but he is, and he spotted me, and he may have recognized me." Qibli replied. 

"How big of a problem is that exactly?" Seashell questioned. Qibli didn't respond, but the look on his face said everything.

 "Who did you find? Winter?" Nightflyer asked, going back to what Qibli had mentioned earlier. Moon let out a laugh as she walked in. 

"No, not Winter." she promised, stepping aside.

 Joy leapt to her feet as another dragon leaned against the door frame.

 "Hey Joy," Rainkeeper greeted his sister. Joy let out a cry and barreled into her brother, Air was quick to follow to greet her friend. 

"What are you doing here?" Joy demanded.

 "Uh....long story that you really don't want to know." he insisted. "Are you all alright?" he asked. 

"Except for Kelp, yes." Air said ruefully. Rainkeeper glanced at Kelp's un-moving form before pulling a rock out of a pouch around his neck. 

"Here," he suggested, handing Joy the rock. "Stole this off of Turtle. Supposedly it heals all injuries." Joy's eyes widened at the prospect of waking Kelp up again. She really missed having the smiling Seawing around. He made her day brighter for some reason. Seashell jumped and snatched the rock from Joy, rushing over to her brother. A few moments later, Kelp let out a groan and looked around.

 "Weren't we in the mountains just a little while ago?" he asked. "Why is it so warm here?"

Later.....

Nightflyer and Air sat up on the arch, watching the sky as the sun began to set.

 "This is nowhere near as beautiful as the sunrises in the rainforest," Nightflyer commented. 

"What's different about them?" Air asked. 

"When the sun rises in the rainforest, the light hits all the trees and everything glows bright with the sky....It's incredible." he replied dreamily. Air smiled at him. 

"I guess I'll have to watch one with you someday." she suggested. Nightflyer grinned back. 

"I'm sure that can be arranged." he promised. They sat there in silence for a bit longer until a flash of movement caught Nightflyer's eye. "What's that?" he asked, turning. Air glanced over and froze. There were two dragons in the sky, arguing from the looks of it. But upon closer inspection, the saw that something was off about one of the dragons. Air stopped breathing. There was smoke coming off of the dragon's scales. Firescales.

Nightflyer was running so fast that he ended up slamming into the side of the door frame of the doctor's. The others glanced at him, confused.

 "What-" Joy began, but Nightflyer didn't let her finish. 

"We have to go." he ordered. "Now." 

"Why?" Moon asked.

 "BECAUSE ALL HELL JUST BROKE LOSE MOON!" he yelled. "Remember how Air's mother is missing? Well, we found her. She's under a spell that is stopping her firescales but I don't know what else it could be doing. And now, Air has run after her mother and the dragon that changed her, so WE HAVE TO GO NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE AND THEY CATCH AIR!"

 "How do you know she's under a spell?" Qibli asked. 

"Because I watched it happen." Nightflyer snapped. "Now let's go!" The others took off after him as they flew out of the city. As they flew away, Moon heard a shout from behind her. She turned and froze. Winter was flying right at her. 

"What's going on?" he asked. 

"Are you with us?" she demanded. 

"Yes" Winter admitted. 

"Really? Why the sudden thawing of your icy heart?" Moon questioned. 

"Because I realized that the world is even colder than I am and the only thing that you can do to keep from freezing to death is to have good friends around you to keep you warm." Winter said firmly. 

"Then keep up and I'll explain on the way, but don't think that I forgive you for anything, alright?" Moon ordered. Winter nodded. 

"Alright." 

"Then let's go." Moon replied, speeding ahead to join the others, Winter on her tail. If only any of them knew exactly what kind of danger they were flying straight into.