Lost And Found

"I'm leaving." Winter declared.

 "What?" Moon said in disbelief. 

"Excuse me?" Joy questioned. "You wanna say that again?" 

"I. Am. Leaving." Winter repeated. 

"Oh, no you're not." Joy retorted. "Look around you. We're in some random city in Sandwing territory and Kelp is in a coma. Why? Because of you! Because we actually cared enough about you to go roaming around the world to help YOU find your brother! We've risked our LIVES for you and your stupid, heartless family! And, if given the choice, WE WOULD'VE DONE IT ALL OVER AGAIN! But you're telling me that you're just going to LEAVE because you got what you wanted? And you expect us to just let you go without getting so much as a thank you? I don't fucking think so!" 

"Well, too bad!" Winter yelled back at her. Joy let out a scream of rage and lunged at the Icewing. Neither Moon nor Qibli bothered to stop her. 

Joy stormed into the doctor's in Possibility, her scales bright red as she fumed. Qibli, equally enraged, followed her. Moon trailed in behind them, her eyes sparkling with soon to fall tears. Inside the building, Air, Seashell, and Nightflyer watched curiously. The only thing missing was a certain know-it-all Icewing prince and his confused brother. 

"Where's Winter?" Seashell asked tentatively. 

"Gone." Joy replied coldly as she sat down next to the Seawing. 

"What do you mean gone?" Air demanded. 

"Winter has decided yet again that we mean absolutely nothing to him and has chosen to take his brother back to the Ice Kingdom. We've given him one week to come back before we leave and inevitably never speak to him again." Qibli explained. 

"If he can even fly there," Moon added. 

"Why wouldn't he be able to fly?" Nightflyer questioned. 

"Let's just say that someone wasn't too happy with his plan." Qibli said, glancing at Joy. 

Meanwhile....

Rainkeeper watched curiously as Turtle rubbed a river stone over his shoulders. 

"What are you doing?" he asked. Turtle glanced at him. 

"Oh, uh. Nothing, just a Seawing thing. Helps heal sore muscles and stuff." he trailed off. Rainkeeper narrowed his eyes. 

"No it doesn't."

"How do you know?" 

"Because I'm intelligent." Rainkeeper said, his voice dripping with sarcasm just like his mother's. "What is it really?" he continued. Turtle's eyes widened and he glanced at the stone in his talons. 

"It's, uh...." Rainkeeper waited expectantly. Finally, Turtle blurted it out. "It's animus-touched, enchanted to heal any kind of injuries." Rainkeeper's jaw dropped. 

"Who enchanted it?" he asked in shock. "Anemone?" Turtle's eyes narrowed. 

"How did you know Anemone was an animus?" he demanded.

 "Turtle. I'm a prince. My mother was one of the five Dragonets of Destiny. My dad's an assassin. I know these things." Rainkeeper deadpanned. 

"No," Turtle said suddenly. "It wasn't Anemone." The tone of his voice made it very clear that he didn't want to discuss it anymore. Could it be? Rainkeeper wondered. 

A few days later......

Moon and Qibli walked through the streets of Possibility, heading back to the doctor's. They had been watching for Winter from the arch, but now it was time for some one else to have a turn. Joy and Seashell hated watching from the arch. If it were up to them, they'd never leave Kelp's side, and regardless, they rarely did. Air's injury was healing much faster than the doctor had expected, so she would occasionally watch, but she still wasn't allowed to fly, which meant that most of the shifts for watching fell onto Moon, Nightflyer, and Qibli. 

As the two walked down the street, Qibli suddenly grabbed Moon's arm and whispered to her. 

"I think someone's following us." he admitted. Moon's eyes widened. "Turn here, I know another way back." Qibli insisted. As they turned, Moon listened closely to the minds of the dragons nearby. Sure enough, Where are they going? flashed in one dragon's head. His mind stayed close to them. 

"You're right." she breathed, her nerves growing. 

"Here," Qibli said, turning into an alleyway. It was a dead end. They waited silently until another dragon entered the alleyway. Qibli lunged at the dragon and pinned him to the ground. They wrestled slightly as Moon rushed over. Wait a second....she thought. 

"Qibli stop!" she cried. Both dragons stopped struggling. Moon stepped closer and frowned. "Rainkeeper?" she asked.