Searching for Chill Vibes

Chapter 1

Summer Luka's P. O. V.

"I NOW PRESENT YOU THE GRADUATING CLASS OF 2011!" Principal Stein shouted loudly into the microphone.

Time kinda slowed and I realized is that I'm now done with high school. But right now, right now time is slow. Everyone is slowly grasping their caps and tossing them high up in the air. I do the same thing and I glance up, watching my cap sail high into the bright blue sky and for a small second, it seemed to float.

But all good times end and time slowly creeps up again and my cap is falling back down. It lands in a random spot amongst the newly graduated teenagers. Instead of looking for it, I bend down and grab the first one I see. I grab it and stand back up. I watched as everyone around kinda says their final goodbyes. Graduating isn't sad, it only depends how you treat your beginning of life. Every ending has a beginning and graduating high will sorta be my beginning.

I glanced up toward the sun and sigh, my future is still unclear, but all I know is that it's summer.

-------------Present day----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visiting my family is a hassle, I attend Cal State University of East Bay and that's like an hour away from Sacramento and another 4 hours away from where I actually live. I exit off the freeway and pull into the familiar main street of my hometown. It's a small town and the high school is local and half of the town's teenagers attend the three high schools here. The town is relatively small, located near the coast and half of the town's inhabitants make a living from the port located on the out skirts of town.

Luckily for me, I live near the more nicer neighborhoods located higher up the hills. Flicking my blinker on and turned a sharp right turn, the streets starting to curve and the house started to become nicer. Driving straight for a few more blocks, my house finally came into view. A simple two story house with a two car garage, and a pool in the backyard. Seeing both of my parents' cars gone from the drive way.

I sighed, they're never home during the summer. Third year in a row, I thought bitterly. Slipping my cell out of my pocket, I texted both of my parents, letting them both know that their only daughter is home. Watching the text flash on the screen and I waited for some response, nothing came. I cursed in annoyance and slipped my cell back into my pocket. Shutting my car off, opening the door, and planting my feet onto the concrete sidewalk.

Ignoring the luggage in my car and striding up the winding walk way leading to the front door. Wow, I can finally put my house key to some use now, it's been sitting, useless, on my key ring for years. I could hear the defeating, click, of the lock open and I swung open the door. I peered inside, everything looked cleaned and horribly left unused. The modern interior of the living room and the kitchen appeared the same and I could see the pool from the sliding doors located in the back of the house.

Stepping inside the house and slamming the door shut. Boom! The sound echoed through out the whole house and I realized how alone I can feel here. I walked in the kitchen and dropped my keys on the granite counter top. Then strolling toward the stairs and clambering up them. I stopped at the beginning of the empty hallway and just simply stared. My parents' door is left ajar and my room, residing all the way at the end of the hallway. My door is closed and left ignore. Finally walking down the hallway, my hands brushed the brass door knob and I twisted it and opened the door.

My room is the same, if anything, slightly empty. Empty of all the items I took along with me to college. The large window that faced the backyard and a ocean view is closed and my room feels cold. But light streams in, a brilliant bright white light hits my room and I feel less alone. I walked to my bed and lay down and I can feel the light hit my face and I feel warm, very warm.