Chapter 18

I heard a small bark coming from the river that I just walked passed by. I eyed the river but all I saw was a tiny black figure trying to swim.

Omg! it was Annie!

I ran to the river and jumped in to catch her but I missed. How can I miss?

I swam faster to reach out so I can grab her. Annie was scared. I knew she was scared, you could tell right when you look into her eyes.

She barked when she saw me.I started to cry when I felt her wet fur on my fingertips. I reached and reached and reached but I couldn't grab her.

"Annie! Swim to me,girl!" I yelled.

She was starting to swim towards me but the current was too strong for her to swim the opposite way. I used my arms and legs to get to her.I couldnt give up,I tried and tried until I actually had her in my arms.

I held onto her and didnt let go. I couldn't use my arms nor my legs. Since Annie was bigger than Lucky it was harder to hold on and swim,at the same time.

I reached out to the edge and I raised Annie to the side so she wasnt in the water anymore. I wasn't strong enough to hold off the wild currents.I swam for another couple minutes after letting the edge go. Annie was running after me , barking and whining. I went under the water a few times trying to get to the top to breathe. I grabbed onto the side where it was all rock and I panicked and starting to call Annies name again.

I pulled myself up to the dirt and Annie climbed on top of me. I couldn't move, I was paralyzed from how scared I was. I layes there staring up at the sky for awhile . Annie couldn't stop licking me. I was happy in the inside although I found Annie...but where's my Lucky?

Annie barked as she ran towards an entrance of trees. I stood up and walked towards an old oak tree. She kept barking as if she wanted me to follow her.

She led me to a dark space near a tall tree. My eyes were wide when I saw Luckys blue collar sitting there in the darkness. I grabbed it and looked at it as if there was something on it to give me a clue where he is.

Those wierd , strange men probably took him. I couldn't bother going back to that cave after what happened to Rex and I.

"Girl, where did he go?" I asked as I stared into her eyes.

She barked and ran out of the woods. She led me to a truck with cages in the back. Lucky is probably in there. I don't know what to do. What if I get caught and they lock me in a cage too? I heard a growl come from behind me.

"Rex!" I yelled as I patted my leg for him to come to me.

I noticed that he had my bag in his mouth. He followed me. He knew what was going on.

I tried to look in the back through the window to see if I saw Lucky. I couldnt see a thing until I heard scratching on the window that I was looking through. I moved to the drivers seat window and Lucky was barking. I found Lucky!

I saw two strange men walk out of the small cabin near the truck. I ran into the bushes in front of the truck with Rex and Annie behind me. The two men were fat lowlifes that were part of the dog pound, more like dog catchers.

I kept my eye on the truck while they were backing out of the small parking lot. I ran out of the bushes to chase the truck.There no way I'm chasing this truck for hours. The truck stopped and I was listening to the guys talking. They said that they were going to the pound to drop off Lucky in Mississippi. Oh great! that's really far....

The truck turned left and I stood there like an idiot. There was a bus following the truck and it was getting far away from me. I ran after the bus and started screaming"stop". I was getting closer and closer until it stopped in one place and the truck was driving straight farther away from the bus.

I climbed up the mini stairs and told the bus driver to follow the truck for 50$. The woman agreed and held down the gas pedal. I jerked and fell on the bus floor trying to sit in the front seat.

"I'm sorry, its just that you paid me 50$ bucks and I need to get you to that truck..".she said looking at me in the mirror.

"Yeah those men have my puppy and they are taking him to the Mississippi pound..." I said getting comfortable.

"Then the pound we go..!" she yelled as the bus' speed accelerated.

I fell asleep on the bus along with Rex and Annie. The woman woke me up 4 hours later. We stopped in front of the Mississippi pound where the two guys' truck was. I smiled. I gave the lady the 50$ and told her" thank you". She smiled and waved at me.

I was in the middle of nowhere at a small pound in Mississippi.Rex and Annie waited outside while I walked in the nice and cool air conditioning in the front room.

(Update the second of April. I'm creating a new story and I will be busy so the chapters fo this book and Titanic are going to have to wait..lol The next story..will be different and it will be completed..so don't be mad if I haven't updated any stories lately. I will most likely update a new chapter in a few days...I hope you like... :)   )