Chapter 3

The next morning it was a Saturday and Lucky was howling.

"Tell that dog to shut the fuck up,  Lucy!! " my mom yelled.

I tried to calm Lucky down but my dad came running in my room and picked up Lucky by his neck.

I ran after him until Dad was out in the backyard. He dropped him by his neck and Lucky was scared .His tail was in between his legs and backed away.

"Dad.. what are you doing.. leave him alone! " I yelled with tears in my eyes.

"Since he has been barking and howling all night.. he can now sleep outside.. if you want you can sleep out here with him! " my dad yelled pointing his finger at me.

My father put a chain around Lucky's neck to keep him from going inside the house .

"What is going on? " My mom questioned my father.

"He is staying outside and so can our daughter.. " my dad said walking back into the house..

Mom walked closer to Lucky and I. I stared at her.

"Don't come any closer.. you don't care Mom.. I hate you too! "I yelled.

"How dare you say that! Maybe your father was right we need to get rid of him.. "Mom said as she turned around to walk back in the house.

3 months later

Lucky was still in the backyard with the chain around his neck.  My birthday is tomorrow and the only thing I wanted for my birthday was to feed Lucky and to let him back in the house.

My aunt is doing everything she can to get me and Lucky to live with her.

Lucky hasn't ate in about 3 days and I'm starving myself with him. Mother tried to make me eat but I told her to feed Lucky first but she didn't agree.

I went outside in the backyard to keep Lucky company but he couldn't even stand up or move. I ran to the kitchen and grabbed a bag of chips. Lucky jumped up and I gave him the whole bag.

He was happy after that and I went to give him water from the hose and he loved it. I was happy that he was happy.

My dad came out of the back door staring at me. He came closer to me and smacked me. I started to cry and Lucky was barking.

My mom came out yelling at me and she found a rock on the ground and threw it at Lucky.

"So sweetie.. what do you want for your birthday? " she asked with a smile on her face.

"I don't want shit from you..! "I yelled.

"You did not just say a bad word! " my mom yelled at me.

"You get nothing from us.. now.. "my dad said.