Chapter 16

I woke up to shuffling in the bushes which had me have an anxiety attack. I stayed still ,staring at the bushes moving. I jumped. It was a squirrel. Rex chased it deep into the forest.

"Rex!" I yelled while looking around.

There was a nearby cave, and it looked pretty small, so I walked in. It wasn't dark at all , there were torches lit on the walls. I peeked around the corner to see if Rex was there,  but he wasn't.

Where on earth would he go?

I walked more into the cave and my eyes widened...

I saw Rex laying in the middle of the cave in pain..he was just laying there and he couldn't move a muscle.

"This is your dog isn't it ?" a man said pointing at Rex's body.

"Y-yeah it is...sir" I said trying to breathe.

"Take her away!" the man yelled while two other guys grabbed both my arms and dragged me more into the cave.

"Noooo!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

What about Lucky and Annie? They are still in the forest...and my bag with money in it...

They locked me in a humongous dog cage. All i can see is the area where Rex is laying at..

"Rex...psst.." I said quietly.

No one is around so why not call for him...?

I tried to undo the lock but I need a paper clip..something to use ....

"Hello ..little lady..you can never escape if you are trying to.." a man with a beard said.

"Let me go..." I said with my puppy face.

"That shit..wont work for me..your dog will be a good meal for tonight.." he said laughing.

Uh oh. No! this cant be happening. They are not going to eat Rex! I will stop them...if it has to come to that..

What do they need me for? Are they going to eat me too?

Ill find a way out of this..i got to..I cant give up..

The man that I saw when I first entered the cave was lifting up Rex and placing him in a nearby cage.

I felt so bad for Rex.. I just wanted to hug him and make him feel better.

I don't know what to do . I'm stuck in Louisiana with my animals and 400$ . I'm locked in a cage with Rex locked in an other.