Chapter 14

Lucy's POV

I went into the forest knowing that there was coyotes or wolves, but I couldn't help myself.

Annie went inside the forest by herself without looking back. I yelled her name multiple times but she ignored my voice.

I ran in looking for her while Rex and Lucky were following me.

As soon as I panicked, Annie came running in with a dead squirrel in her mouth.

"Disgusting..Annie..put that down" I said pointing to the ground.

Her mouth dropped and when the squirrel hit the ground it made a popping sound making it more disgusting..

I sat in a random spot against a tree that was comforting. Lucky sat there staring at me so I fed him some dog food.

I drank my last water bottle and enjoyed it along with some cookies.

I heard howling and shuffling coming from behind me. I was shaking and the dogs were all barking. I stood up and stared while 3 coyotes came out of the darkness. I grabbed my stuff and ran while Lucky,Rex and Annie chased after me again.

I heard a whining coming from Annie.  She must be hurt, so I turned around and the coyote bit Annie's neck making her bleed. Rex bit the biggest coyote making him run away and the other two still trying to eat us.

Lucky showed his teeth for the first time and growled. The other two coyotes ran away and I kneeled down next to Annie and picked her up. She couldn't walk no more ,so I continued to walk away from the spot that we stopped at and I saw headlights shining in my face when two adults came out of their car and start yelling at me...