Chapter 10

I ran to the train and.. I finally made it! Rex sat in a seat next to an old woman. I sat across from the old woman when Lucky was laying in the seat next to me.

I was sweaty and I just wanted to go to sleep..

"Hello..darling.." the woman said.

"Hi.." I said shyly.

"Don't be shy ..my name is Greta and who might you and these dogs be..?" she asked me looking curious.

"I'm Lucy..and the one sitting next to you is Rex and this is my pup, Lucky." I said nervously.

"Nice to meet you, Lucy..where might you be going..?" she asked me shaking Rex's paw.

"I'm going to Alabama.. then going to see my Aunt in Arizona." I said petting Lucky.

"Oh that's is very far sweetheart..why are you going by yourself..you can get hurt or maybe kidnapped. " she said seriously.

"My parents abused me and my puppy.." I said with tears in my eyes.

"Sweetie it's OK..but you just got to be careful..." she said rubbing my hand.

I cried and I fell asleep without noticing.

3 hours later....

I heard the train stop and screech. Rex was barking loudly and Lucky was shaking which made him scared.

I grabbed my bags and headed off the train as Rex and Lucky followed me.

I was in Alabama. It looked beautiful. There were farms and lots of open land.

I walked through most farms and there were boxes by a mailbox on someone's street and I heard a little bark. It was another dog. It was a black Lab puppy.

I walked up to it and picked it  up and Lucky just stared. I don't think it has an owner. There was a bandana around it's neck but no collar.

I noticed that it was a girl. I'm gonna call her "Annie".

She looked so cute and I'm glad I found another dog to help me out on my journey.

I have Lucky, Rex,  and Annie. This is going to be tough but I know that I'm not alone...