Chapter 1

Lucy's POV

I am Lucy Stevenson and I am only 9 years old. My first puppy was just born yesterday and I'm really excited to take care of him. My father yelled at my mother telling her that we shouldn't have a dog but my mother wanted me to be happy and more responsible. My mother helped me name my puppy and it suits him.  His name is Lucky. Lucky is the tiniest dog I have ever seen and I will care for him if my father doesn't like it.

"Mom.. Can I give Lucky some milk.. he is parched.. ?" I said with puppy dog eyes.

"Yes.. only give him a little bit.. you need to start giving him water… "my mom explained to me.

"That dog shouldn't be getting shit..

" My father said eating pancakes.

What he said really hurt me inside.

"Enough… Lucy go back to your room and give Lucky some milk.. " she said pointing to my room.

I walked away ignoring everyone and I cried.

As soon as I got into my room , I slammed the door making Lucky jump. I walked over to him and I hugged him.

"No one will harm you.. ill keep you safe.. I will take care of you.. ", I said crying.

I cried myself to sleep when Lucky was in my arms.

I heard my mother come in my room to wake me up for school.

"Wake up sleepy head time for school..! "she yelled as she opened my curtains.

Lucky jumped and I petted him softly until he was sleeping again.

"Lucy.. I'm not waiting for you.. leave that dog alone.. " my mother said.

"Who's going to take care of him..? "I asked her .

"I will be with him every day .I'll take care of him since I have no job.. " she said leaving my room.

I was happy that my mother would take care of him when I am at school. My brother , Adam, hates dogs. He's more of a cat person so he doesn't really care for Lucky that much. I hope he is fed before I come home.

I got dressed and brushed my hair. My mother was yelling at me to get in the car. I kissed Lucky goodbye and ran outside to the car. My dad was leaving to go to work and my brother was in the backseat annoying me.

"Why didn't we get a big dog mom? Lucky is boring, we should get rid of him. "Adam said.

"No !He is Lucy's and we are not getting rid of him.. "My mom yelled.

"That's what you and Dad said last night .." Adam said.

That got my attention and I looked at Mother and didn't say a word.  When she stopped ,I got out of the car and ignored Mother.

"Lucy! Adam didn't mean that! "My mother yelled.

(I will be updating everyday this week. Vote or comment! )