Chapter 12

Lights were everywhere, shining as bright as the sun.

I saw my parents kicking Lucky and Rex until they couldn't walk anymore. There was blood splattered on the wood floor and they were crying for help.

I couldn't help them,  I was too weak.

My animals were in trouble but I realized I was in trouble myself.

Blood was pouring out of my stomach and it was getting harder to breathe. Lucky continued crying for help while my dad was yelling at Rex.

My mother kicked me in my thigh,  screaming bloody murder and tears were in her eyes.

I was screaming and struggling to escape but I was dying and..I... couldn't..move....

I woke up from my horrible nightmare and the sun glowed in my eyes...I guess it was time to move on..

Rex barked continuously and Annie ran away. Lucky was laying on top of me.

I stood up and I was really curious to see what Rex was barking at.

I heard howling coming closer and eventually it stopped for a minute until... there was a coyote in front of my eyes.

It's teeth were noticeable and it was staring into my eyes.

Rex kept quiet and I held Lucky in my arms because he was the smallest dog.

I carefully placed my purple blanket in my bag and I placed it on my shoulder and grabbed my suitcase.

Lucky was in one of my arms and I was holding him tightly .

The coyote barked like it was about to come forward. It turned around and then ran towards me. I jumped and ran down the dirt road. Rex tried to fight him off but all Rex wanted to do is chase me to get away from the mountains.

Annie was waiting by a bus stop, on Cranberry street, right down the road and the coyote was still chasing us.