epilouge

Luke's Point Of View

 68 years without Em.

 Without her laugh,

 Without her smile.

 But now was my time to finally see her again.

  The bright lights of what I thought was heaven burned into my old tired eyes and I was lifted into an unknown brightness.

 this is it. I thought.

 I shut my eyes from the bright, yet comforting light and when they reopened, she was there.

 She looked so beautiful, standing there with her hair cascading in waves down her back.

 In the midst of looking at her, I looked down at myself too.

 I was no longer the old man I had grown to become, I was 18 again.

 It was just like it had been when I had first fallen in love with this amazing girl.

I shuffled, and she spun around in astonishment.

 Her big brown eyes were wide and teary at the sight of me, and I couldn't keep the grin off my face.

 "Luke." She said breathlessly and stumbled into my arms.

 I wrapped my arms tightly around her and breathed in her familiar scent.

 "I missed you so much." I sobbed into her neck and she nodded.

 "It wasn't supposed to be like that. We were supposed to be happy Luke.

 "Well this must be heaven." I said with happiness glossing over my blue eyes. "As long as we're together I can live again.

 She placed her hands on my cheeks and I placed mine on hers.

 And here, for the first time in 68 years, she placed a delicate kiss on my mouth that told me everything I had forgotten to say to her.

 "Never leave me again Em." I whispered to her. 

 "I never left, you just didn't notice I was around." She smiled.

 She pulls away and pulls out the ring box from her pocket.

 "Yes." She says, making my dead heart race.

 I slide the ring onto her finger and smile.

 "You fixed me Luke."

That's it guys!

 Some of you were asking for an epilogue so I decided I should :)

 Keep in touch with me!

 I love you guys and thank you for staying with me and reading Fix You.

                                                                                         em xx