Chapter 24

The back of the car was piled with necessities for our escape.

 I didn't know where Luke was taking us, but he said as long as we are as far away from our place as possible, we were safe.

 I stared out the window and daydreamed about a place where we were always safe, but nobody's ever safe from the world.

Luke placed his hand over mine as he drove. I knew he was only doing this to keep me safe, but I felt like this was the wrong idea.

 "You okay Em?" He asked.

 I mumbled a yes.

 The sky was starting to get dark and I yawned.  Luke turned the music down and began to speak.

 "Emilee, I know you don't wanna do this, but I have to keep you safe.  These guys.... they know about you... and they know the only was they can hurt me is if they hurt you and I can't let them take you away from me."

 His voice was soft and low, as If he was choosing his words carefully.

"I know Luke."  I gave him my best smile and he returned it.

 We drove for about 2 more hours, then stopped at a decent looking hotel.

 Luke checked into a room and I browsed around the big lobby. There were 3 off white couches and a long wood table in the middle. Above a small fireplace held 2 small tvs, both playing the same news channel.

 A hand wrapped around my back and I gasped.

 I turned around to see it was only Luke. "Sorry." He chuckled and led us up to the 3rd floor.

The room was a decent size and held two small beds, a bathroom, a chair and a tv.

 Luke set down the 2 bags we had brought in and jumped onto the bed.

 I was too tired to even change out of my jeans and tee shirt. I fell down onto the bed next to Luke and fell asleep almost instantly.

-------------------------------

I woke up to the sound of the freeway outside, so I opened my eyes curiously and took in my surroundings.

 Where the hell was I? I wasn't in the apartment Luke and I shared. Suddenly, all the events from the previous day swarmed my head.

 We were in a hotel.

Luke was wanted for beating my uncle.

 We were running from the police and Jeff.

 I was scared.

 Luke wasn't laying next to me either, making my fears worse.

 I searched around the room for him, but he wasn't anywhere to be seen.  I panicked and threw the covers off of me and frantically searched for him.

 I ran out the door and crashed into a large figure carrying a bin of ice.

 I looked up to see Luke on the floor.  Ice was scattered all over his body, making my body shake with laughter.

 He looked at me quizicly. making me laugh even more.

 He finally shook off any of his suspicions and lifted me up from the ground.  "Why are you out here?" He laughed.

 "I was looking for you..." I said.

 "Oh, well I'll tell you next time I go out, but I want you to stay in the room unless your with me. Okay?"

 I groaned. "Ugh okay."

 He gave me a sympathetic smile.

 "Sorry babe, I wanna make sure your safe." He smiled and planted a kiss on my lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he pushed me up against the wall. My legs circled around his waist and his tongue slid into my mouth. My fingers laced through his messy blonde hair.

 "What the hell?" I man yelled from across the hall.

 Luke mumbled a sorry and I stifled a laugh as he took my hand and led me to our room.

 Once we got in, I laughed harder than I had in a long time and he joined me. Tears began to stream out of my eyes and my side hurt.

 Luke looked at me and planted a final kiss on my lips and wiped the salty tears from my face.

 "Let's do that again." He whispered.

 I giggled up at him, and we  sat on the bed and watched tv for the rest of the day.

-----------------------------------------------------------

 I woke up, engulfed in Luke's strong hold. The clock on the bedside table read 10:21.

Shit.

 I had work today, but I didn't know how I would go.  I sighed and sat up on the bed.

Luke shuffled next to me and I watched as a yawn escaped his lips and his beautiful blue eyes opened.

 "G'mornin beautiful." He mumbled. I blushed and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked.

 "I don't know.... there's a music store up the road and I was wondering if you wanted to go?" He said and I grinned at him and nodded.

 I decided to wear a pair of black skinny jeans, a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a pair of VANS.

 I applied mascara, and some light eyes shadow to make my eyes pop. When I was ready, I walked out to Luke.  He smiled at my appearance and led me to the car, still cautious of my stupid safety.

 ----------------------------------------------------

 I gasped at the array of instruments in front of my eyes. Guitars hung on the walls like paint. Drumsets and pianos scattered the floor. Every instrument I could ever want was placed inside this store, so I ran over to the guitars.

 A light wood Gibson guitar struck my attention.

 I picked up the surprisingly light guitar and strummed the chords to an Ed Sheeran song for a few minutes.

 "You got talent kid." A man said to me.

 He had dark brown hair and glasses that held to the tip of his nose.

 "Thanks" I blushed. I usually never get compliments about my music.

 "It's a nice guitar." He said and I nodded.

 "I just wish I could afford it." I said and looked at the ground.

 "Aw, I'm sorry. I wish I could make a deal with you, but my boss would stick his foot up my ass." He chuckled.  I thanked the man for the help and searched for Luke.

 I ended up finding him by the electric guitars.  The chords coming from the guitar he was playing blew my mind.

 He was so good.

 His look of concentration made me smile at him.

 When he finished, he looked up at me.  "Luke your really good."

 He smiled. "Thanks, but I heard you playing over there and I have some competition." 

 After about 20 more minutes in my own personal heaven, we headed back to the hotel room.

 I had been so tired the last few days. I yawned and sat down on the bed.

 I didn't expect to fall asleep, but the next thing I knew, Luke had wrapped his arms around me and I drifted off to a place where only m dreams existed.

---------------

Hey guys really hoped you liked the chapter and if you didn't or wanna make a suggestion, please comment!

Also you should totally follow me on instagram!! lol. my username is _13_emilee_    :)