Chapter 43

I woke up the next morning in a hurry.

 Luke had told me that we were going to do something else on the bucketlist!

 I dressed in casual clothes and applied a small layer of makeup before heading out to the kitchen where Luke was flipping pancakes.

 "Mornin' beautiful." He smiled and I gave him a small peck on the cheek. I smiled as I rummaged through the refrigerator for the milk.

 "So what are we doing today Mr. Hemmings?" I asked in a posh accent.

 Luke chuckled.

 "Its still a surprise Ms. Kownacki." He replied in the same accent.

 I sighed and sat down to devour the fluffy pancakes that were sitting in front of me.

"Hurry up Em. We have a lot to do today." Luke smirked and walked out of the kitchen, leaving me to wonder.

 I finished up quickly and waited for Luke to emerge back out of the bedroom so we could leave. He finally walked out wearing black skinny jeans and a white tshirt.

 His tattoos showed through the fabric and some poked out the collar of the shirt.

 I realized I had been staring and adverted my eyes to the ground as a fierce blush took over my cheeks.

 Luke chuckled and grabbed the keys from the counter.

 He stepped towards me and planted a kiss on my forehead, then walked me outside to the car.

---------------------------------

 We drive for about 15 minutes before we stopped in front of a large Barnes and Noble.

 Luke pulled the bucketlist out of his pocket.  "Have a shopping spree at a bookstore." He read from the crumpled piece of paper.

 I smiled giddily and opened the car door to the huge store in front of me.

 Luke turned off the car and walked over to me.

 I smiled up at him, then half walked/ half ran into the bookstore. Books lined every wall.

 They were scattered in every direction and there was even a second story! The smile never left my face as I searched and stumbled through racks and racks of beautiful books.

 Luke followed me through the store, picking up then putting down various books.

 By the time I was done with the first floor, I had 18 books already.

 Luke seemed to be getting tired since we had been there for about 2 hours already and I was pretty tired too.

 My brown eyes met his blue eyes and I smiled. "Lets go Luke. Were both tired anyways and I've gotten enough books already."

 "No Emilee, we can go to the other fl-"

 "Its fine Luke. Thank you." I interrupted.

 I pecked him quick on the lips, then headed over to the register to pay. I pulled out my wallet, but Luke jumped in front of me and paid before I could even speak.

 "Luke!" I whined.

 He smiled huge and thanked the lady before responding to my complaint.

 "What? Did you really think I was gonna let you pay anyways?" He smirked.

 I frowned at him and kept walking to the car.

 I don't know why I was so upset that he had bought these for me. It just felt wrong to have him buy everything for me.

  I opened the door to the car and set the books down gently, but when I tried to sit strong arms lifted me out of my seat and hugged me into Luke's chest.

 I inhaled his scent and relaxed into his arms.

 "You shouldn't have to buy me everything Luke." I mumbled into his chest. His chest vibrated as his laughter filled the air.

 "No. You shouldn't have to buy anything for yourself princess." He said softly and stroked my hair.

 I sighed and tightened my arms around him for a second, then pulled away to face him.

 "Just because I have a higher chance of dying doesn't mean I cant buy my own things Luke." I laughed, but his face turned serious.

 "Please don't say that Em." He said in almost a whisper.

 "What? Its the truth right? I could be dying right now! But I just want to make the most of everything okay? So don't be sad. And I'll try my best to survive." I winked.

 A small smile appeared on his face.

 "Please try to stay with me Emmy." He said and pulled me into another long hug in the parking lot of a bookstore.

--------------------------

hey guys, im sorry I haven't updated in forever. and I know I haven't updated so please stop commenting I haven't updated because I already know!

anyways....... im going on vacation and wont have my laptop for a week so I wont be updating as much....

I love you guys and thank you so much for 30k reads!!!!!!  xxemxx