Chapter 27

Luke smiled at me from across the room as I tiptoed over to the small bed that held Allison and Jillian.  I bent my knees and jumped on top of them.

 They shot up out of their sleeping states and settled down once they had realized it was only me.

 "Emilee.. what the hell." Jillian moaned.

 I laughed and jumped off of the bed and walked back over to Luke.

 "We were planning on doing something fun today." I said and they grinned. "But we have to keep it on the DL since Luke is still being chased by the police." I added to the end with a sigh.

 I let them borrow some of my clothes and promised we would go shopping.

 Allison wore a long floral pink top with light skinny jeans and pulled her wavy hair into a cute messy bun.  Jillian had put on a white shirt with RAD in bold letters on the front and dark jean capreese.

 I smiled at their appearance and looked in the mirror at myself.  I was wearing a long sleeved- gray striped shirt with a pair of grey skinny jeans and combat boots with my hair cascading down my shoulders in natural waves.

I shrugged and grabbed my jacket, puling the girls, and Luke, behind me out the door.

Once we had gotten outside, I tossed Luke the keys and scurried to the front seat while the girls were sat in the back. "So.. where are we going?" Luke asked.

 I smiled and whispered the location in his ear, making sure Jill and Al couldn't hear.

 Their confused looks towards us made me laugh.

 Luke pulled the car out of the lot and started the drive.

 We pulled into the parking lot for the gigantic mall.  I turned back and their mouths were agape as they stared at the gigantic building.

 "Cmon." Luke said and turned off the ignition. Luke's fingers laced with mine as we walked into the building.

 The girls walked in front of us, looking at every shop we passed and rushing into the ones they wanted explore.

 While they were shopping inside a Rue21, Luke and I sat on the bench outside.

 "Your so great for doing this Em." Luke said and kissed my forehead as I lent into him.  "I couldn't imagine what they've been through..." I mumbled into his chest and he draped his arms around my back.

 "I'm going to pay for everything they want whether they like it or not." I laughed and Luke joined in.

 I looked into the shop and Allison was wearing a new outfit and Jillian was holding at cart full of clothes.

 They looked over to me and Allison gestured for me to join them. I stood up, but Luke pulled me back down so I was sitting on his lap.

 "You're gonna leave me without a kiss?" Luke pouted.  I giggled as his bottom lip jutted out.

 I leaned in and my lips touched his, making his pout turn into a smile.

 I pulled apart and shuffled into the store that held Jill and Al.

 "What should I choose?" Jillian asked, holding up two outfits. "You can get both!" I said happily.  "No! You cant buy everything for us Em." Allison cried.

 "Yes. I can and I will." I finished and snatched all the clothes they had in their baskets.

 I sprinted over to the cashier and paid for every article of clothing, then smugly walked back over to them.  Jillian grinned at me and Allison shook her head in disapproval.

 ☯

 At the end of the day, each of the girls had at least 8 bags of clothing and necessities.

 They had tried to pay us pack, but we would refuse every time.

 It was about 6 in the afternoon and Luke had decided to take us to an unknown location.  He smirked over at me as we pulled into the small ice cream shop we were at the other day.

 It seemed like we hadn't been here in forever, when it was only 3 days ago we were standing over the counter talking to Harry.  I grinned and almost ran into the shop.

The bell rang, signaling the door had opened and Harry's smiling face turned around to meet us.

 "Emilee! Luke!" He said and came over to give me a hug.

 He looked behind us to see the girls standing there awkwardly.

"Friends of yours..?" Harry asked and I nodded.

 "Well friends of yours are friends of mine!" He cheered and walked over to give both of them a hug too.

 We sat and talked and ate our icecream for about 3hours.

The only thing that could've ruined that night were the sound of police sirens piercing our ears.

 And that's exactly what happened.

                                                                     kisses!-Em