Chapter 12

Darkness.

Darkness was all I could see. It flooded over the unknown place I was at.

A figure then emerged. My uncle.

"How's loverboy?" He cooed into my ear.

I couldn't move, couldn't talk. I was stuck in the position I was in. All I could do was watch in terror as the only thing I had ever loved emerged too.

Luke. He just stood there as his terror filled eyes met mine.

As hard as I tried I couldn't move.

My uncle smiled at me, making me sick to my stomach.

"You cant do anything for him. You don't deserve him." He said, getting closer and closer to Luke.

"I'm gonna do to him exactly what I did to you.

He's going to feel the pain you've held for the past 7 years sweetheart."

The room started spinning as he reached for Luke.

He punched and kicked.

My angel is dying and I cant do anything about it.

Emilee. Emilee, Emilee wake up.

My eyes opened to Luke's eyes looking into mine.

"Emilee, you were screaming and I didn't know what to do." He said, but I couldn't form words.

My arms wrapped around him and he fell backwards.

"I'm so sorry." I said over and over as he rubbed my back, soothing me.

"It's okay. Shh. You didn't do anything." He said.

When I finally let go of him he gave me a look of worry.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked.

I shook my head, not wanting to relive the memory.

"Well then how about we do something fun today?" I asked looking up at him for an answer.

"I'm so sorry baby, I cant I have things to do today." He said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke left at around 10 and I was left alone at the apartment.

An idea popped in my head.

I took out my phone and scrolled through my contacts until I reached the familiar face.

Haley, I've missed you so much! Do you want to go do something today?

She answered in seconds.

Of course babe! Meet you at your place?

Sure! See you then!

I got dressed in black skinny jeans and a yellow flowey tank since it was warm out.

My makeup consisted of mascara and blush and my naturally wavy hair was straightened.

The door was opened and Haley walked in.

She looked me up and down and smiled, running to me and tightly hugging me.

"I've missed you so much Em! Are you okay? Have you two had sex yet? Did you use protection?"

I laughed.

"Calm down Haley! We haven't had sex and I'm fine! I just don't have anything to do today!"

She laughed too.

"Okay let's go!"

We drove around the city for a little bit until we stopped at a few shops.

Haley parked the car and we walked up and down.

When we reached the last shop I had already bought 5 shirts, two pairs of jeans and a new pair of VANS.

We found a little Starbucks and sat down.

"So how are you and Niall doing?" I asked.

Her eyes lit up at the sound of her boyfriends name.

"Were doing great! He's so sweet! He's almost been too nice lately, like he's hiding something." She said and looked down.

"Haley you should just wait for him to tell you what's going on." I said and smiled at her for reassurance.

When we had finished catching up we walked out of the Starbucks to the car.

Suddenly we heard a scream.

I looked around for the figure it had come from when my eyes stopped on a man and a younger guy.

The man had pushed the guy to the ground and was kicking him.

When my eyes had focused a little bit more, my mouth dropped and so did my shopping bags.

Luke was the one on the ground.