Chapter 40

The days in the hospital were long and full of worry of what was to come.  Luke was with me the entire way though.

 He would stay after hours and play me guitar, just to pass the time and make us feel less worried, and occasionally, Amber would let him sneak me in some food from outside the hospital too.

 I had been stuck in here for a week and a half. A week and a half of sitting and not being able to do anything by myself again.

 I was brought out of my bad thoughts as the door opened to a smiling Amber.

"Guess who gets to go home today?" She said cheerfully.

 I almost jumped out of my seat, but I remembered the tubes connected to me, so I just decided to grin. Luke's bright smile, along with mine lightened up the small room.

 "The doctors have done some more tests, and they said you could go home today, but you have to come back every two weeks for more tests." She read from her clipboard.

 Luke jumped up and ran over to me and engulfed me in a hug. We both laughed and took in our first moment of joy in the last week.

 "I'll leave you two to pack up." Amber winked and I giggled.

 "Okay what do you need to pack." Luke asked, looking around the room for items of mine.

 "Uhm, just my guitar and that bag." I said pointing the corner where the things were sat.

  He picked up the things and took them downstairs to the car as the doctors pulled the tubes out of my injured body.

 When Luke entered the room again empty handed, I stood and took my first steps for awhile.

 I stumbled a little, but Luke caught me in his arms and chuckled.

 "Having trouble eh?"

 I gave him a blank stare, then laughed at his expression.

 After a little bit of trouble, I had made it downstairs to the car without any more injuries.

 I turned on the radio and we listened to The Rolling Stones the whole way home.

 -------

 Luke had made sure to keep his eyes on me at all times when we got back to the apartment.

 I guess I don't blame him, last time we were back from the hospital I passed out and figured out I had a brain tumor.

 "Hey Luke?" I called from the kitchen. I heard him set down a plate and scurry over to the couch where I had been sitting.

 "Hey. Is something wrong? Are you okay? Do I need to call the nurse, because I can-"

 "Luke." I laughed. "I'm fine... I- I just wanted to ask you something..." I trailed off.

 His face of worry was replaced with a face of curiosity and he sat down next to me.

 "You know you can ask me anything Em." He smiled and grabbed my small hand in his.

 "Okay.. I was wondering.. since... you know, the tumor... that we could maybe do some of the things on my bucketlist...?" I trailed off embarrassed.

 He let go of my hand and laughed. Not just a small laugh, but I large hearty laugh.

 "Emilee, why didn't you just ask before? I could never refuse. And I would think I would enjoy most of the things on there!"

 I smiled and handed him the small piece of worn out paper I kept in my pillowcase.

 It read

 EMILEE'S BUCKETLIST.

*Spend a day in NYC

*Go to an amazing concert

*Have a shopping spree at a bookstore

*Buy an electric guitar

*Meet the love of my life

*See the Hollywood sign in person

I watched as Luke's eyes scanned the paper and smiled every once in a while.

 He looked up from the paper and smiled even wider.

 "I bet we can do everyone of these things." He said and I grinned, jumped and wrapped my arms around his neck.

  He smiled into my neck and wrapped his arms tight around my waist.

 "Be ready tomorrow morning. We're going to knock one of those things off the list." Luke winked.

 "What are we gonna do?" I asked, but he smirked and shook his head.

 "I cant tell you that, now can I?" He joked and I crossed my arms and jutted my bottom lip out.

 His eyes widened and his mouth opened a tiny bit.

"Damn Emilee you can't do that." He wined, but I stayed in the same position.

 "Ugh." He groaned. "You're so cute."

 He leaned in and kissed my pout, so I finally gave in and kissed him back.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and our bodies molded together as if they were made for each other.

 I pulled away and pouted again.

"Tell me please?" I begged.

 His eyes widened again, but he didnt give in this time.

 "Nope. Sorry. I can't tell you. The sooner we go to bed the sooner you find out right?" He joked and ran away to the bedroom.

 I followed behind him and walked into the bedroom to see him in only his boxers.

 I know I'd seen him like that, but I couldn't help but stare. He smirked when he noticed me staring and I decided to torture him right back.

 I decided to change right there.

 I stripped into only a bra and panties and giggled as his mouth opened wide and he mimicked what I was doing only seconds ago.

 I slid on one of his teeshirts and jumped into bed next to him.

 "That wasn't fair." Luke pouted and wrapped his arms around my waist.

 I giggled and shut off the lights.

"I love you."

 "I love you too."

-------------------------------------------------------

hey guys! dedication goes to the comment that suggested a bucketlist!

 Im honestly super sad this book is ending :( ive loved writing it.

 good news is that you can comment and suggest new book ideas for me!

I love you guys!                                                 em xx