Chapter 8

I woke up, but Luke wasn't with me this time and sadness crashed down over me like never ending waves crashing on shore.

 I got up to take a shower since I hadn't taken one in two days, then came out and  heard singing. I immediately walked to where the sound was coming from to see Luke in the music room with my guitar in hand.

He sang beautifully, hitting each note of a song I knew all too well.

Give a little time to me

or burn this out.

We'll play hide and seek, to turn this around,

and all I want is the taste that your lips allow,

my my, my my. give me love.

The music stopped then as he turned to look at me. A blush spread across his cheeks.

"Sorry," He said, putting the guitar down. "I didn't think you were gonna be up yet."

 I smiled at him. "Your really good Luke." I said and took a seat on his lap.

 He looked up at me and returned the smile. "I'm guessing since you have all these instruments you play too?" He said.

"This isn't my house." I said quietly. "and the only thing up here that's mine is that guitar, but Haley lets me use the piano."

"Why don't you have your own place Emilee?" He asked an emotion in his eyes I couldn't decipher.

"When my parents died, my next legal guardian was my uncle. He was an alcoholic, and all he ever did was beat me. He said if I moved out or told anybody, he would kill me, so the only person I ever told was Haley. I never knew how bad it would get though. He would smash bottles on my head and scream at me telling me I was ugly and worthless.

 So I dropped out of school and got a job at the music store all the way downtown so he could never find me, and I could never afford my own place." I answered, looking down so I wouldn't have to stare into his piercing blue eyes, but Luke had a different idea.

He swung me over his shoulder and ran outside. And no matter how hard I laughed and pleaded for him to let me down, he would say no and laugh too.

Finally he let me down, in the middle of a park.

I looked up at him with curiosity in my eyes, wondering why he had taken me here.

"You should move in with me." He said.

I stared at him in astonishment for a second. "Luke I cant, I just cant do that. I'm a huge pain in the ass and come with a lot of extra baggage, plus you've known me for literally 4 days."

His blue eyes finally found mine as he spoke.

"Emilee, I know you've had troubles in your life and I want to help you with every single one of them. I don't care how hard you are to take care of because your worth it. So please, just let me do this one thing for you?" He asked.

I finally nodded my head and he flashed the biggest smile I'd ever seen.