Chapter 6-People and a Piano

A/N

Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated, but as I told you, I was out with friends all weekend. It's been SOOOO long! We went to watch 'Non-Stop', that film with Liam Neeson on a plane, IT. WAS. AWESOME.

So anyway, I've been getting a bit of writers block lately, and wondered if you guys had any ideas for any events in this story? Comment below, and I will take your thoughts into consideration. I have a vague idea of where this story is going, but it's not definite.

Jokes! I actually have no idea where this story is going!! Haha oh gawd! *starts crying uncontrollably*

Aaaaaaaanyway, on with the story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blake's POV

We walked into Madison Gate Records, Mitch and Scott forcing me and Ellie through the doors first. The lobby was spacious, with leather couches for people to sit on while waiting for appointments. PTX marched us straight up to the receptionist sat behind an ornate wooden desk.

"Hey, Stayce! How's the bf?" Kirstie asked her, still laughing from her sass fail.

"Hi guys, he's fine, how was the London trip?" Stayce replied.

"Good, good, London was nice, we met these two GREAT singers, who also kill people for a living." Mitch told her.

"Oh, that couple from the 'Say Something' vid are the same ones from that ninja vid?" She asked.

Ellie interjected,"Yeah, we are, and we're not together! Why does everybody think that?! Not that I wouldn't, if I was straight." She laughed, nudging me with her shoulder.

"OH MY GOD, HOW RUDE AM I?!?!?!?!" Stayce practically shouted, running round the desk to shake our hands off our arms.

"Breathe, Stayce." Avi said, while we quite literally almost ROFL'ed. She seemed really embarrassed, so we sobered up as best we could.

"Right, sorry, welcome to Madison Gate Records, my name is Stayce, may I ask what you are here for?" She covered up quickly, adopting a very professional manner.

"Hi Stayce, I'm Ellie, this is Blake, and what ARE we here for?" This last bit was directed at Scott.

"Oh, right, I totally forgot!" Scott face palmed, then yelped "ouch!" Which got us all laughing again.

"We're here to face palm ourselves into oblivion?" Ellie asked sceptically.

"No, you're here for your audition, silly!" Scott adopted the voice a parent often uses when consulting a child that is behaving like they are mentally challenged.

"Okay, well, if you would please escort our auditionees to the studio, Mr. Hoying, Mr. Kalter and Miss Smith will be along shortly." she spoke to Scott, before turning to the rest of Pentatonix,"you lot, you know the audition drill." with that, she returned to her desk, while PTX, Ellie and I proceeded down a corridor to a room with a grand piano, which I instantly ran to. I heard chuckling and the door closing, and turned round to see that PTX had filed in after me, Ellie and Scott. Ellie and I shared a confused look.

"We've been to a lot of auditions.......usually it's only the auditionees and some executives. What's going on?" Ellie asked.

"We do things...differently here," Kevin explained,"instead of performing FOR executives, you perform AGAINST artists. If you last for three minutes, you get accepted. Simple as that."

"What do you mean?" I still wasn't getting it.

"It's a mash up contest." Avi said,"You will start with a song, then we have to match a line from YOUR chosen song to a different song. Then YOU have to match a line to a DIFFERENT song, and so on, until WE finish a song or YOU last longer than 180 seconds."