Chapter 14

Yuuki's POV

"Yolko!" Kirito and I said at the same time as we looked in horror at what just happened. I looked around to see if there was anyone that could have thrown that dagger at Yolko until I saw a robbed person on the rooftop of one of the buildings. Without giving it a second thought I went after the person who could have killed Yolko jumping from roof to roof as the person was running away.

"Keep an eye on him!" I heard Kirito say as I heard him following me also wanting to catch the suspicious person that's getting away.

"No! Wait!" Asuna said in the distance trying to stop Kirito from following the suspicious person. As I was closing in on the him I grabbed some throwing knives and threw it to the person only to be block by some strange forcefield.

"Damm it!" I said as I noticed that the cloaked person took out a teleport crystal which meant that he was about to get away.

"Where the hell does he think he's going?" I thought as I jumped to the same roof that the person was running at as I unsheathed my sword almost close enough to strike him. But as I was about to attack the person I heard the sound of the bell as the cloaked figure got away by teleporting to who knows where.

"Damn it!!" I yelled out as I sheathed my sword not being able to get the person who could have killed Yolko.

"Yuuki!" I heard someone calling my name as I looked to see Kirito jump to the roof that I was at with a worried face.

"I'm sorry Kirito, I couldn't catch him before he got away." I said feeling disappointed that I couldn't catch the person.

"It's okay Yuuki, as long as you're okay it doesn't matter." Kirito said hugging me all of a sudden causing me to stiff up.

"Kirito?" I said confused and embarrassed with how close we are.

"Please don't do that again. I was worried that the he could have hurt you or worse." Kirito said as he tightened the hug almost suffocating me.

"I-I'm sorry that I worried you Kirito, I won't do it again. We should go back to the inn, Asuna is probably freaking out about now." I said smiling slightly as Kirito let go of me with a smile on his face glad that I'm okay. We went back to the inn where Asuna and Schmitt were at but before we entered the inn we grabbed the weapon that was used to kill Yolko. We entered the room only to be meet with an angry Asuna with her weapon ready to attack anyone.

"You idiots! What's with you two? Well, what happened?" Asuna said angry that we recklessly went after the cloaked person as she calmed herself and sheathed her weapon.

"We lost him. He teleported off somewhere." Kirito said as he tighten his grip on the dagger that was in Yolko's back.

"The system's supposed to protect players inside inns. I thought, if anywhere, she'd be safe in here. Damn it!" Kirito said as he hit the wall of the room that we were in causing an icon to appear saying that immortal object. I was just as frustrated as Kirito that he got away but I felt awful that it was my fault that he got away.

"That robe was Griselda's. That was Griselda's ghost! She's come back to get revenge on us. Think about it, only a ghost can PK someone in a safe zone!" Schmitt said freaking out as he started to laugh like a crazy person.

"That wasn't a ghost. Someone's using the system to kill. That's the only way these murders could've happened in a safe zone. I know it!" Kirito said certain that the cloaked person wasn't a ghost. The three of us left the inn noticing that it's night time we went to an area where there is a fountain and a couple of benches for people to sit and relax to think about everything that happened.