Chapter 2

Kirito POV

As we kept on walking to the nearest town I kept racking my brain trying to figure her out but the only thing that I came up with was nothing. I looked at her trying to see if I could find out her true intentions, and still nothing that could relieve me of my suspicion. When I kept staring at her she noticed my staring and looked into my eyes with a big smile on her face. I immediately looked away trying to avert her eyes.

Why would she want to come with me? Is it because she has heard about me as the "Black Swordsman" or for another reason.

These thoughts kept bothering me never finding an answer to satisfy the questions that kept appearing in my head. Just as I was deep in thought the girl by the name Yuuki spoke to me snapping me out of my train of thought.

"Hey, are you okay? You're really quiet as if you were thinking of something important." Yuuki said with a concerned look.

"Huh? Uh, no its nothing just thinking why you would want join me?"

She looked at me confused of what I asked her and stood there looking into my eyes. I was starting to feel uncomfortable by the way she was looking at me.

"No reason, I just felt like it, that's all." she said while looking away from me.

"Wait, that's all! You just joined me because you felt like it!" I said a bit surprised by her answer.

"Well... Its mostly because I have noticed that your distancing yourself from others, avoiding from getting hurt and hurting others. Am I right." she said with a serious expression.

"..."

"I'll take that as a yes. I don't know what happened to you to make you this way, but you can't survive in this world by yourself no matter how strong you may be." she said still serious.

I know that what she said is true but I can't forget that painful memory of everyone dying around me and I wasn't able to save them.

As I was remembering that painful memory Yuuki kept on talking bringing me back to reality of this world.

"That is the reason why I joined you, also because something interesting could happen if I tag along." she said with a bright smile.

For some reason when I see her smile it makes me forget that I could die in this world and a small smile appeared on my face.

"Oh, is that a smile I see on your face. This is the first time I have seen you smile since we first meet." she said happily.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about, come on we are almost there to the town." I said as kept on walking ahead of her.

"Hey, don't leave me behind!" Yuuki said as ran after me.

Yuuki POV

When we finally made it to the town I saw that many players were staring at Kirito and whispering stuff like "Is that the Beater. Look its the Black Swordsman." I looked at Kirito to see how he reacted to all the attention he was getting but it seemed like he didn't care about them and just kept on walking.

We soon found an inn and decided to stay there to take a rest and decide our next move. Of course we have our own rooms because it would be weird for a boy and a girl to stay in the same room. It got late so I decided to change clothes for the night which were normal pajamas of the color purple, but before I could go to sleep I was trying to think of what we will be doing and then thought that we should go to a dungeon and try to find the boss room. It then occurred to me that I should ask Kirito what we should do, so I went to his room and knocked on the door.

"Its me Yuuki, can I come in?" I asked for his answer.

"Uh, yes you can come in." Kirito responded

I opened the door and walked in to see Kirito wearing black pajamas sitting on the side of his bed. I looked around to see the room and I only saw a small table, two chairs and a bed where Kirito is currently sitting.

"So what is that you wanted to see me for?" he said wanting to know the answer of my visit.

"Huh? Oh right, I wanted to talk to you of what we are going to do next? I was thinking we should go to a dungeon and find the boss room, maybe on floor 40 what do you think?" I asked awaiting his answer.

He looked at the floor thinking of what I just told him, so I sat next to him on the bed hoping that it won't take him long to find his answer. As I sat there my eyes where about to close but I made them stay open only to make them close more as I leaned on Kirito unaware that he was still there.