Chapter 1

Kirito POV

After Akihiko Kayaba trapped everyone inside the game called Sword Art Online, I decided to go solo, knowing that death in the game means death in the real world. So I can't trust anyone since my life depends on it, not until I meet her.

I walked into the forest cautious of my surroundings looking for monsters to fight with to get my level higher. As I kept on walking I heard the sound of swords clashing, I then tried to detect if anyone was near me with the detection skill. I noticed that there was a person fighting, three goblins towards the east of the forest. I decided to go see if the person needed help to defeat the goblins but as soon I saw the fight, I immediately knew that my help was not needed. I saw a girl with dark purple hair and red eyes. She was wearing armor with a violet blouse and a windswept dress with the same color. As I was looking at her I noticed the way she fought and was amazed by her reaction speed and how fast she unleashed her attacks on the goblins.

When she finished off one of the goblins she immediately jumped up behind one of them and attacked it with her violet sword and dispersed in little small pieces. The third goblin attacked her straight on, but she blocked it with her sword and began her counter attack, when she finished off the goblin it disappeared just as the other goblins did. When I noticed that she was finished I decided to hide my presence so that she would not find me.

"Hey, who ever you are that is hiding, come on out. I won't attack you, I promise."
When I heard what she said I suddenly panicked and wondered how she knew I was there. Already knowing that trying to escape would be useless with her speed I decided to show myself still wary if a fight would happen.

"Please calm down, I don't want fight you. I just want to talk with you, is that okay?"

I relaxed a bit still cautious as I approached her so that she can see me. As I approached the sunlight she suddenly looked shocked to see me.

Yuuki POV

As the person that I sensed earlier came closer, I saw his face and I was so shocked that it was him.

"Um... have we meet before, because you seem to know me." He said a bit confused of how she reacted to him.

"Huh? O- oh no we have never meet before, its just that I have heard about you. The 'Beater' or also known by as the 'Black Swordsman'." I said a bit startled by his response.

"Wait, how do you know about me?" he said a bit surprised as to how famous he has become.

"Who doesn't know about Kirito the famous Black Swordsman that helped beat the boss of the first floor and the one who proclaimed himself as a 'Beater'. Everyone keeps saying bad things about you but I know that you said all the stuff so you would take on the blame the beta testers have suffered." I said happily with my eyes sparkling.

"W- well I didn't do anything that special I just said that so no one would go near me. You know, as a way to intimate people and I'm not that nice of a guy to do that." He said coldly towards me, but it was useless since I still had that look in my eyes not believing a single word of what he said.

"Then why did you came here where I was fighting the goblins?" I said with the innocent eyes that was looking towards Kirito. He suddenly sweat dropped not knowing how to respond to what she just said.

"I... I was just passing by and noticed you fight the goblins and saw the amazing way how you fought them, that's all." He said while looking away trying to avert his gaze from me but I grabbed his hands shaking them with excitement.

"Wow really, you thought my fighting style was amazing! Yeah, Kirito actually complemented me!" I said all excited of what he said to me.

"Hey, can I accompany you in your party, pretty please~." I said starting to make puppy eyes so that he would not say no.

"Didn't you hear when I said that I didn't want anyone near me and besides people will start to think badly about you if you stay around me. I don't even know your name." He said trying not to look at her into her eyes.

"Aww come on, I don't care what others think of me since I know what you are like. You are nice caring person who doesn't want others to die, I can see it in your eyes. As for my name you may call me Yuuki, so will you please let me join you." I said looking intently at him with my puppy eyes.

"Urg... uhhh. Okay fine! You win!" He said exasperated as he opened his window sending me a request if I want to be in his party.

"Yeah! It never fails." I said all overjoyed as I accepted the request without a second thought.

"Okay, so where are we going?" I said smiling at Kirito, as he gave out deep sigh in response when he started walking followed by me