Chapter 9

Kirito POV

All the people that came to fight the boss entered the room, when everyone was inside the door closed behind them and the torches in the room lit up revealing the 15 ft tall black night known as the Hollow Knight. I ran behind the Hollow Knight attacking as much as I could before he swung his sword at me like if I was just a fly to it.
The others in the group decided to follow my lead and started to attack as much as they could not trying to get with that broadsword that the Hollow Knight has. As I was attacking the boss I noticed that of the players was about to get hit by the broadsword, I then ran trying to save the person but I wasn't going to make. As the broadsword was about to make contact with the player I saw a purple blur pass by and deflected the attack that was about to kill the player. As I looked more closely I noticed that it was Yuuki that deflected the attack, as I was distracted on how Yuuki blocked that attack the Hollow then decided to try and make me its first victim that Yuuki decided to steel from it. But it was to slow as I barely dodged the attack almost giving me a hard attack of how close I was from dying.

"Damn it, that was too close! Get your head in the game even though it literally already is in the game. This is no time to be looking at Yuuki while fighting a boss."

"Yuuki, lets pair up by blocking its attacks then attacking it!" I said as I made my way towards Yuuki.

"Okay, lets do it!" Yuuki and I then made our way towards the boss getting its attention at us. It then started to attack us but Yuuki blocked the attack giving me the opening that I needed to attack it.

"Kirito, switch!" Yuuki said as I activated one of my sword skills attacking it with everything that I had. As I was attacking it everyone decided to join in and attack it at the same time making its health going down two bars only leaving two left. As it was about to attack again I blocked it using all the strength that I sending the attack back.

"Yuuki switch!" I yelled out as a familiar purple blur passed by me activating her sword skill causing her sword to glow bright purple light. She then attacked it using multiple horizontal and vertical slashes. The boss appeared to get tired with all the constant attacks as it swung its sword to the ground causing a shockwave sending everyone back while losing some health. I got up from the ground noticing that my HP is in the yellow zone.

"Damn... That caused a lot more damage than I thought, wait where is Yuuki?!"

I started panicking thinking that she got the most damage since she was attacking it while the boss did its shockwave attack. As I was starting to think the worse that could have happened to Yuuki I noticed purple flash in the dust cloud that the boss created from its attack.

"You're just full of surprises aren't you Yuuki." I said as got a potion from my inventory to get my health back up.

Yuuki POV

"Whoa, that was a close one. Good thing I jumped in the air before the boss could have hit me with that attack otherwise I would have been dead."

I used a sword skill as ran up on its arms that were still holding the sword that on the ground from the shockwave attack and attacked it many times on the head getting to lower its health a bit more. It then brought its sword from the ground then trying to shake me off but before it could do that I did a front flip towards its back while I impaled my sword on its back as I was falling creating a long gash on its back. It roared in pain as it swung its sword at me barely able to block sending me on the other side of the room hitting the wall as I feel to the ground.

"Yuuki!" I heard a familiar voice calling me as I looked at my health in the red zone.

"Everyone attack it now!" Asuna said after regrouping the players that came to defeat the boss.