Chapter 52

That one flash was all it took. After that one bright light, there was nothing but darkness and dust that slowly got carried away by the wind. Ruins were now all that was left of what was once a prestigious building. Pieces of broken marble stuck out of the ground together with wood that once held skilled paintings. It was a sad sight. The disintegrated pieces of the building reached far into the city. Streets away pages of magical books were spread over rooftops and canopy, their edges burnt and torn. Wisdom had turned to smoke, friendship and a safe place to dust. Even the sky seemed sad. Clouds of magic once roamed the sky, turning and dancing from the highest tower. Now there was nothing but a pale blue atmosphere.

Yoongi was on his knees, his expression pain-ridden. With a soft grunt, he pushed himself off the floor. The man in front of him, however, didn't have that power, he was hardly conscious. He could only shudder in pain. The grasp of a thousand invisible hands on his soul was still evident. He remembered how the magic had pulled at his mind, tearing it, shredding it. Every inch of his body ached. No amount of tears could take the pain away. Moving made it worse, but he couldn't even move more than a finger to begin with. His muscles were constantly clenched yet he had no power in any of his limbs. He could only whimper and look at the sorcerer staring down at him.

Yoongi's eyes were dark. Jimin wasn't surprised when his foot landed on his stomach. He could only gasp for air as another tear left his eye. He couldn't fight, he could only take more pain, even though he wasn't sure how much more would mean his end.

He had jumped into the merlin circle knowing this would happen, but the agony was beyond any of his expectations. He felt as if he was falling apart, as if he had lost a part of himself. He was constantly suffering, and no kick or punch Yoongi threw at him could compare to the sickening torment he felt from inside. Not even when he was thrown across the room, landing just in front of his brother.

Jungkook seemed to be in just as much pain as his brother. His knees dug into the earth full of rubble beneath him, his breathing trembling. Carefully he let go of his burned shoulder, cupping Jimin's cheek with gentle force. The elder could hardly keep his eyes open. He slowly started to drift away until Jungkook shook him back into consciousness.

"No, no, come on, please." Jungkook begged to no one in particular. His words got quieter as Jimin tried his best to keep his eyes open.

Yoongi was swaying from side to side. His head was spinning and the energy inside his body was twisting and turning in all different directions. Controlling it was hard. It was as if his blood started flowing the other way and his heart was desperately trying to set everything back. It made his vision unfocus at random, dizziness taking over his body. Standing was suddenly hard. He stumbled down, closing his eyes in a desperate attempt not to black out. His surroundings blurred.

Around them, shadows were running wild. Without strong sorcerers to command them they turned into nothing more than rogue spirits. They fought for their existence and vengeance, just like Yoongi, and just like the dark sorcerer, they were losing the battle. Without Mr Dae, there was only Yoongi left.

"It's over, Yoongi." Hoseok said. The elder turned his attention towards him. "there is nowhere you can go, give up."

Yoongi looked around, cracking his neck when his gaze met his boyfriend again. He couldn't help but chuckle. "As long as I'm still standing, it's not over." He said in a dark and serious voice. He stepped forward, fire appearing in his hand and growing every second, twisting around his fingertips.

"You don't want to fight against me, Hoseok." Yoongi stated. There was no hesitation in his eyes. The fire surrounding his hand grew and grew. Hoseok knew he would throw it without a second thought. He had done it before with Jungkook.