Chapter 13

Book by book got piled up into his arms. His roommate let his fingers slide over the leather-bound pieces of knowledge and picked another one. Dust flew in the air every time tickling his nose.

"Yoongi, I think that's enough." Hoseok said struggling to hold all the books.

"Yeah, we can always come back for more." Yoongi decided turning around.

Jimin who sat not too far away from them chuckled. The two roommates just gave him a glare. Not that that stopped Jimin from quietly laughing more. He hid his laugh behind his tiny hands.

"Remember what the nurse said, you need to practice loads to stop your energy from blocking. Best way we can do that is practicing many different things." Yoongi explained. Hoseok nodded.

Ever since the incident with his vision the nurse had decided he had to recover unless he wanted to further damage himself. Luckily Yoongi stepped in and offered to help him study, kind of like a private tutor, but more friendly.

Yoongi walked towards a big open book that laid on one of the tables and quickly jotted down the titles and Hoseok's name. When he turned back around he realised how much Hoseok was struggling with carrying the books.

"Can't you do a levitation spell?" Yoongi asked. Hoseok shook his head.

"Basically every spell I've tried so far has failed." He explained. Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"And that didn't set off any alarm bells?" He asked. Hoseok shook his head causing Yoongi to roll his eyes again.

"Hey, I grew up without magic. I didn't know anything before I came here." Hoseok said.

"That doesn't excuse you being an idiot." Yoongi said before walking away. Hoseok followed him as quickly as he could carrying all the books.

Ever since his vision the others had been angry with him. Yoongi had a headache for days. According to the nurse it was because he was also in his head when they had pulled them out. Hoseok was used to going in and out of trance but Yoongi wasn't. It made him feel even more guilty about the whole situation. The others did a good job making him realise how stupid he'd been, and Hoseok was sure they weren't going to stop anytime soon.

Yoongi kept walking until they reached an empty classroom. It was not like any of the other classrooms. There weren't rows of desks, there was only an empty space with some tables at the side. Next to the pool there were some plants and a statue of marmer. There was also what looked like a bathtub in the corner. It was hardly bigger than a queen bed and built of the same stone as the walls and floor. Hoseok had never been here before. He placed his books on one of the desks.

"What is this place?" Hoseok asked looking around. When he looked down he saw that there were etches on the floor. He recognised the symbols and took a step back.

"Practice room." Yoongi said turning around. He looked back at the younger seeing the nervousness written on his face.

"If you're that scared of the Merlin circle than there's no way you're pouring magic in it. Nothing will happen, like I said before." Yoongi said holding out his hand.

Hoseok cautiously stepped forward. He trusted Yoongi but he did not trust his own stupidity. He was the one to do something stupid and make the Merlin circle activate without wanting to do so. He didn't want to hurt himself or the others.

As he dragged his feet over the floor the circle stayed quiet. No flames, no lights, just cold stone. He walked further until his hand touched Yoongi's.

"See?" He said letting go of Hoseok's hand. He walked towards the edge of the room and sat down on the side of the pool.

"I don't think we're going to use the Merlin circle today but this however is a good start." Yoongi said patting the stone next to him. Hoseok walked towards him with a confused expression.

"Moving water, grade 1 spell." Yoongi said. "I'm assuming you don't know spell grades?"

Hoseok shook his head. He hated how he knew absolutely nothing about general wizardry knowledge. Still he felt at ease when Yoongi explained things to him. He made fun of him, for sure, but he never made it feel like he was worth less because of it.

"Basically 1 is infant level and 10 is Merlin. At the end of your school years you need to be able to do at least grade 6 spells."

"Great to know I'm worse than a five year old." Hoseok said wit h a chuckle.

"We're going to change that." Yoongi said in a kind voice. He grabbed Hoseok's wrist and pulling him down next to him. To say the movement didn't surprise Hoseok would be a lie. He felt a blush creep on his cheeks which he quickly ignored.

"Concentrate and make the water move. It doesn't matter what kind of movement, waves or whirlpools, anything is fine as long as it moves at your command." Yoongi said.

Hoseok nodded and concentrated on the water. He could feel the power in between the molecules, how they were trying to keep together forming drops under his power. He closed his eyes focussing more. It was almost as if he got lost in his own world. He felt the energy and shifted it. Surely enough the water started to move just a slight bit. He didn't have to open his eyes he could just feel it.

Suddenly he felt a few drops hit his face. He opened his eyes and looked at the smirking man in front of him.

"Concentrate! You can't do magic if you're focussing on something else." Yoongi said splattering some more water in his roommate's face.

Hoseok nodded closing his eyes again. He wasn't sure what Yoongi was trying to do but he just went along with it. To be honest he was probably just messing with him. Still he was now able to do spells he was never able to do before.

He tried to make the water move. His movements were less powerful then before, the whirlpools turning to slow currents that slowly turned to mere waves. When some more splatters hit his face a smile took over.

"Don't smile, concentrate!" Yoongi said splashing more water in his face. Locks of hair were sticking to his face at this point. His uniform was slowly getting wetter as well.

"Why do I get the feeling you're enjoying the power of a tutor too much?" Hoseok said with a smile not opening his eyes.

"I don't know." Yoongi said in a sarcastic voice splattering some more water in his roommate's face.

Hoseok quickly opened his eyes and moved his arm. A big wave of water soaked the elder making his hair surrender to gravity and his uniform stick to his body. It was only afterwards that Hoseok realised he hadn't touched the water.

Yoongi shook out his hair making a few drops hit the younger's face. "Well, that worked." He said.

Hoseok just burst out laughing falling of the edge onto the floor taking Yoongi down with him. If all lessons were going to be like this Hoseok surely wasn't complaining.

Ay ay update.