Chapter 24

Yoongi shook his friend awake as gentle as he could, calling his name softly. He didn't want to wake up the others in the hall. Even though they weren't in the same room there was bound to be someone still awake or sleeping very lightly. He didn't want to get them in trouble.

Hoseok grunted and opened his eyes slowly, stirring. Still drunken of sleep he blinked letting the shape in front of him turn to a person.

"Yoongi?" He asked in a tired tone. His voice was deep, husky and drenched in tiredness. Yoongi thought it was the most attractive thing he had ever heard. "what are you doing, it's the middle of the night?"

"Motivation." Yoongi simply said pulling him up. Hoseok didn't even move one muscle, he just let the elder pull him up, letting his body hang loose.

"In the middle of the night?" He asked letting his eyes flutter shut again.

"Yes, only now there is no one to stop us. During the day we're not allowed there. Now hurry up." Yoongi said shaking his friend a bit rougher.

Hoseok grunted in disagreement, sleep would be very nice right about now. On the other hand his friend's words had made him curious as to where they were going. For a second he just thought. Would he get in trouble if he followed Yoongi now? Probably not. Curiosity won from his sleep deprivation in the end.

He swung his legs over the side of the bed, making Yoongi move away. He rubbed his eyes and took a deep breath. He would be half dead tomorrow thanks to this. In some way he was completely fine with that if it meant he could spend time with Yoongi.

Hoseok got shaken out of his trance by a piece of fabric hitting his head. "Take this, it's cold outside." Yoongi said.

The younger looked at his jacket that was now on his lap. He slipped it over his bare shoulders and stood up, pushing himself from his bed. He took a pair of socks and put on his shoes. It was a weird sight, his formal shoes from his uniform together with pyjama bottoms. The same could be said for his stained and worn out t-shirt he brought from home together with his fancy blazer. All were accompanied by the sleep-ridden look on Hoseok's face and hair that was peaking in all directions. Yoongi thought it was the most adorable thing he had ever seen.

He managed to shake the small smile off his face and walked towards his friend who was still tying his shoelaces. He took his wrist and pulled him out the door. The younger dragged his feet over the marble floors, not having enough energy in his body to raise them up completely. On one hand he worried that others would hear them but on the other hand he really didn't care right now.

"Why are you not tired?" Hoseok suddenly asked, seeing Yoongi's weirdly energetic figure.

"I haven't slept yet, and I usually don't sleep much during the night." He simply stated. Hoseok decided to brush it off, not wanting to talk about anything right now. His brain was too tired to have normal conversations.

He just focussed on not tripping over his own feet. He didn't even realise where they were walking. He only realised that he suddenly had to raise his feet higher due to the fact that they were climbing up the stairs.

"Where are we going?" Hoseok asked looking up at the black-haired man in front of him. Yoongi just kept walking, completely disappearing in the darkness due to his dark hair and uniform.

"You'll see. We're almost there anyway." Yoongi said.

Only a minute later they reached the top of the staircase. Yoongi laid his hand on the lock and let his fingers emit a light. A moment later the door creaked open. Yoongi pushed the wood and held it open for his friend.

"After you." He said gesturing towards the outside world.

Hoseok took a few more steps and looked around. They were at the very top of one of the towers, it seemed to be the tallest of them all. You could see the entire city from up here, seeing how some lights were emitted from windows and how the stars shone just as bright, it was something he was not used to coming from the small town he came from.