│Climbing│*

"Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." 

Climbing

~Ash~

I close my eyes as I saw Michael.  I open my eyes and smile sadly.

"He's gone and only his memories stay behind" I say softly as a tear rolled down my cheek. I wipe it away and pull a plastic bag out of my pocket. I roll up a thick blunt and light it. I pause as someone taps my shoulder. Instinctively, I turn and punch the person in their stomach.

"Geez! It's only me" Austin says holding his stomach.

"Did that hurt?" I ask smirking.

"No" he says and stands up tall, so he towered over me by at least half a foot.

"What are you doing out here so late?" I ask him.

"I would ask you the same question" he says smirking.

"I asked first" I retort childishly.

"I followed you" he says bluntly.

"I knew you were a stalker!" I exclaim and he rolls his eyes.

"Hey why is there blood on your shirt?" he asks pointing and I look down to see my burn had started to bleed again.

"I got a cut" I say.

"You ruined my favourite shirt" he says pouting and I pat his back.

"Don't worry, I'm sure mommy will buy you a new one" I say and Austin rolls his eyes.  We both head back towards the cabin.

I pull out my guitar and run my fingers over the chords, smiling. It had been a long time since I last played. I start to strum the notes of a song Michael used to sing to me when I had trouble falling asleep.

And soon after, I start to lose myself in the chords. Every note I strummed brought back a new memory. It was a torture, a sweet torture. Painful yet addicting. And I just couldn't get enough. Suddenly Austin grabs my hand.

"Your fingers are bleeding" he says frowning.

"What?" I say confused and look down to see three of my fingers cut from playing too hard.

"But I didn't feel a thing" I say.

"Maybe because you're high" Austin says and I roll my eyes. I pull out my bag and pull out the first-aid kit.

"A first aid kit?" Austin asks.

"My mom's a doctor, it's a habit" I say smiling as I remembered how protective my mom was of me. I frown as I remember her strange call.

Why did she want me to forgive her?

"It's gonna get infected" Austin says snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I say.

"The cuts" he says and I keep staring ahead. I look up to see Austin opening the first aid kit.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Helping you" he says shrugging.

"Why? What are you trying to do?" I ask.

"Calm down Harper, you got cut, I don't want Trey to think I'm a jerk" he says.

"Right, we don't want him to know the bitter truth" I say and he laughs sarcastically.

"I can do it" I say snatching the kit away from him and struggle to bandage my hand. Austin grabs it from me and wraps the rest securely and I try to ignore the strange sensation I felt when he touched my hand.

As I finally am about to fall asleep, my eyes snap open at the sound of snoring. I look over at Austin to see him snoring loudly as he lay half on and half off the bed. I pull out my phone and take a picture, mentally reminding myself to send it to Amber and Adam in the morning. As I try to fall asleep the snoring gets louder.

"Ugh!" I groan out.

I pull the pillow over my ears but it doesn't help block him out. I glare at him as he sleeps soundlessly. I smile as I look at him. Who knew that behind this innocent face, lay an ugly egomaniac.

"Austin!" I snap trying to wake him up but he just seemed to get louder and louder. I get up and grab the tape from the first aid kit and put it over his mouth.  I walk back to my bed and sigh as I could finally sleep. And once again I am disturbed by the snoring. I look over to see the tape dangling off his bottom lip.

I stand up and grab a rope from the closet. I tie his hands and feet together and gag him with a sock. I drag him out towards the trail behind the cabin and tie him to the tree. I smile as I look at my work. I take a picture and head back inside. I lock the cabin and head back to sleep without being disturbed.

"Hey Ash, have you seen Austin?" Adam asks.

"Not since I fell asleep last night" I say smiling at him and he frowns.

"Okay, well tell me if you see him" he says and walks away.

"Hey Amber, why don't you go help Adam get the life jackets for the boat?" I suggest and she smiles at me before heading to where he walked off to.

Oh Austin, I hope you're enjoying your sleep, because I know I'm enjoying your sleep too, I thought smiling deviously.

"I know that look Ash. What did you do this time?" Trey asks laughing.

"You'll see" I say simply and go to take a shower. I change into a pair of short shorts and a green long sleeved top, just as I am about to walk into the room, I get pushed into the closet and I scream as the door locks.

"Hope you enjoy your stay Harper" Austin says laughing and walks away.

I groan and sit up against the wall of the closet. After a while I get frustrated and punch a hole beside the doorknob unlock the door. I creep out of the cabin and sneak up behind Austin. I tap his shoulder and when he turns around, I push him into the mud. I laugh as he gets covered in mud from head to toe.

"Nice new look Austin. Brown is definitely your colour" I say and he glares at me.

"And what a coincidence, that it happens to be the same colour as shit" I say as Austin starts to come at me. I run towards the nearest tree and smile as I see the tree house on top. I start to climb up the tree as Austin struggles to climb onto the first branch. I jump onto the branch of a nearby tree and soon I was climbing trees really quickly trying to get away from a very angry Austin.

"What the fuck?! Are you a monkey?!'' Austin exclaims from a tree across from mine. I smile as he jumps off, giving up on the chase.

"I'm leaving" he says and starts to walk away. I jump off and start to scream.

"What happened?" Austin says running to where I was.

"I saw the face of a wild jerk! Oh wait... that's you" I say laughing and Austin walks away. I scream again.

"Snake!" I say pointing to his shoulder.

"Where?" he says shaking around.

"I think it got into your ego" I say laughing and he glares at me. I roll my eyes and turn around. I start to walk on the trail I was walking on yesterday. I smile as I see a nice tree. I climb up on it and sit. I sit there for a while before i jump down. I gasp as I land.

A man from the rival gang stood in front of me. I start to run away from him, when suddenly I scream as I feel a sharp pain in my left leg. I look down to see that I had been shot with an arrow. I turn around to see the man aiming for my chest. I gulp in fear.

© sandeep_xoxo All Rights Reserved

A/N:- Thanks for reading, vote, comment, follow?Any #rereaders?