//Life//

"Troubles are often the tools by which God fashions us for better things."

Life

~Ash~

Throughout the entirety of lunch, Amber pestered me about giving me a tour of the school and I agreed because there was no other way to shut her up. She talked a lot man, a lot. She had been going off nonstop since lunch and I'm kind of worried. And so now we were walking around the school and she told me where what was. It was pretty helpful if I was going to be here for the next six months

"This is the science lab" Amber explains pointing to a door, labelled laboratories

"Uh huh" I say distractedly, texting Andrew while I follow her around. Andrew was filling me on his day so far, he was going bowling after school with the guys. 

"And this is the art studio" she says. The room was decent but it was missing the mosaics on the classroom walls. Tanya and I had contributed to one of the mosaics in the art classrooms back home and we had really bonded over that particular event. We had spent the afternoon sharing jokes, talking about all sorts of things and singing along to the radio. It was a pleasant memory which made me feel a little homesick as I follow Amber.

"Cool" I say tucking my phone into my back pocket. She stops and turns around, making me bump into her.

"You could be more attentive you know" she says crossing her arms over her chest. Man she sure liked doing that.

"And you could talk a little less you know" I say shrugging and she sighs.

"Whatever, this is the gym, and right outside of it is the track" she says and I nod. She opens the door to the gym, leading me into a gym. We walk towards the door in the back corner, opening it to see the track. Amber presents the track to me as if it were her most prized possession, her childish behavior reminding me of someone.

"This is a nice track" I say nodding my head and she smiles widely. 

"Yea, we host a lot of track meets here" she mentions sparking my interest. I absolutely loved running and the rush it brought with it. It was like flying without wings, but with the same feeling of freedom.

"Did you already have tryouts?" I ask and she nods, disappointing me a little. I would've been interested in joining as I had been on the track team back home. She notices my expression and rushes to tell me that the school had two tryouts a year. One in October and the other in February. Listening to her talking, I make a mental note to prepare for the second tryouts. 

"Hey Ash?" Amber says turning around all of a sudden.

"Yea?" I reply putting in the combination in my lock. I had spent my spare with Amber, getting a tour. The tour was helpful, but I would've preferred some time alone, maybe just sitting outside with my headphones plugged in and music playing.

"Do you want to come with me to the game on Friday?" she asks stopping us before we reached the field. A game in January? Unusual.

"But isn't the season over?" I ask confused and she nods. 

"It a thing we do at our school, a way for the team to practice and improve" she says and I nod. When was this bell going to ring?

"I'll check my plans and tell you" I say as I sling my bag over my shoulder. Locking my locker, I walk out of the school with Amber in tow.

"You have a motorcycle?" she asks in surprise. I smirk patting my bike lovingly.

"Of course, I love motorcycles" I say strapping on my helmet. Safety comes first.