│My Way│*

"I can't stop." 

My Way

~Ash~

"Momma" I whispered as tears welled up in my eyes.

"Ash, listen to me" she says.

"Okay" I say frowning.

"I can't come back for a while, I've transferred all of my money to your account and changed the password. The password is your date of birth. I'll try to call you soon, but I make no promises" she says.

"Okay" I say confused.

"I love you so much Ash, and I hope you can forgive me" she says sobbing.

"Forgive you? For what?" I ask confused and feeling anxious.

"Tell me, do you... l-love me?" she asks sobbing.

"Of course momma, I love you so much...what were you talking about? You're scaring me" I say panicking.

"I love you..." she whispers and the line goes dead. I put the phone in my pocket and sit there thinking about her words.

She told me to forgive her. For what? And why did she suddenly transfer all of her money into my bank account? God, this day kept getting more complicated by the minute, I thought standing up. My phone rings again and it was my dad.

"Where are you?" he asks panicking.

"At the beach. Why do you care?" I say getting annoyed by his prying questions.

"Because the Ravens are at the same beach, you need to get home now" he says.

"I'll be back in ten minutes" I say and hang up.

What the hell did they want from me now? I quickly pull the hood of my leather jacket over my head, trying to blend in. I spot a nearby shop and am about to walk in when suddenly I get pulled back into an alley beside the shop.

 "What the hell?!" I hiss at Andrew who pushes me roughly against the wall. I gasp as he pushes himself against me and starts to kiss up my neck. He forces his lips on mine and I knee him where the sun doesn't shine and pick him up by his collar.

"Bitch!" he says and I smirk.

"I'm the red raven" I say and knee him again, harder this time.

"Wrench!" he shrieks at me as I walk away from him.

Cold

Heartless

That's exactly what I was. And it was sad that I thought about myself that way, but I always knew my life wasn't exactly peaches and  cream. And neither was I sleeping beauty, with a prince on the way to kiss me and wake me up from this bad dream. 

I silently drive back home and park my bike on the driveway.

"Ashley, you're back" dad says. For once I don't feel the energy to snap at him. I just put my keys into the tray and silently make my way into my room. I change into one of Michael's shirts and head downstairs to the grand piano in the living room. I sit in front of it and run my hands over its smooth wood, admiring at. I smile and began to play an old song that came to mind.

"And now, the end is here

And so I face the final curtain

My friend, I'll say it clear

I'll state my case, of which I'm certain

I've lived a life that's full

I traveled each and ev'ry highway