│Burning Hatred│*

"I don't hate you.. I just don't like that you exist" 

Burning Hatred

~Austin~

"Don't kill me for asking you this but..." Adam says.

"Get out with it already man" I say annoyed as I take a drag of my cigarette.

"Why do you hate Ash so much?" he asks scratching the back of his neck, which I knew from being around him for a long time, was a bad habit of his.

"I just do okay" I snap and get up, leaving the room.

"Austin man, I'm sorry!" he says after me but I ignore him as I get on my motorcycle and start it.

"Where are you going?" he asks finally catching up.

"None of your damn business'' I growl at him and speed off towards a place that seems to be the only place that fulfills me.

I silently sit on the dock, tossing stones one by one as time ticked by slowly. The rocks would skitter a few times across the surface of the pond before plunging into the murky water.

Why do I hate Ash so much?

The answer is simple, she is a painful reminder of my past. Her personality, her behavior, the way she acts brings back many memories that I struggled to bury for the last 2 years. But I guess I haven't tried as hard as I can. She reminds of something I wanted a long time ago. And I did have everything back then. I had everything in the world, but the sun sets in even paradise at some point. Everything had to end sometime. Nothing lasts forever.

I hate her. I hate her for reminding me. I hate her for getting to me without trying.

I close my eyes as I smoked the rest of my pack. A good smoke is the only thing that that manages to bring peace to my wrecked life.

My phone rings and I pick up "Hello?' I grunt.

"A-Austin, y-your brother was trapped in a fire. W-we were at a housewarming party and he and he got t-trapped-"my mom cries.

"I'm coming!" I say quickly and get onto my bike.

Shit.

I speed off towards the hospital. I could see the smoke in the distance.

~Ash~

I groan as I make my way downstairs. My dad and Amy had organized a housewarming party, and I just thought it was an opportunity for Amy to find a new dic-

"Ashley" my dad says smiling, interrupting my thoughts. He wraps an arm around my waist and leads me to a group of his friends.

"Gentlemen, this is my daughter Ashley" he says and they nod, and I notice this man looking at my chest. I put my hair on my chest in attempt to hold on to my dignity. I manage to slip away from the group just to get sucked into Amy's group.

"This is my step-daughter Ashley" Amy says even though she's not married or engaged to my dad nor is she my step-mother.

"Ashley this is Mrs. Aimes, she's here with her youngest son" she says.

Aimes? Aimes...

"You don't happen to have a son named Austin do you?" I ask curiously.

"I do, do you go to his school?" she asks smiling and I nod.

She seemed happy as she described the teams Austin was on, and I couldn't find it in my heart to ruin the sweet image she had of Austin in heart. She was a mother. I couldn't ruin that relationship, even if mine was ruined, that wasn't fair to even the jerk.