&9& A Long Goodbye

1 Week Later

Laxus POV

I walk up the stairs to the Master's office for a meeting he called with me.

I walk his office and is shocked to see him sitting at his window instead of his desk.

"Yo old geezer. What's wrong? Usual you're buried in paper work or would be adleast helping set up for Lucy's surprise birthday party."

He turns to look at me. "How are you two doing anyways. I know you've been seeing eachother alot lately. You try to keep it as low as possible but I've seen how close you've gotten. So tell me Laxus.... Do you care for Lucy??"

My mouth drops open and I just stare at him. I close my mouth and shakes my head. "You're too smart for your age Gramps. I really don't know. I mean like the time we spend..... I finally feel like I belong somewhere. I guess you can say that she makes me feel human and she's special to me. Wait...... Why are you asking me this??"

He sighs then looks at me. "Because son. This isn't just a surprise birthday party..... It's a farewell party also. It's LUCY'S farewell party."

I shoot up from my chair. "What do you mean her farewell party. Why is she leaving. Where is she going!!! Why didn't anyone TELL ME!!!"

The door opens behind us. *Because I know if you asked her to stay she would. And for the sake of everything she needs to leave.*

I start to feel electricity spark around me in anger. "Who are you to decide for her cat!!"

Suddenly the small cat's stripes circled her body then grew. Once they went back to their normal size a huge tiger was in her place.

She pounced on me and held me down on the floor

She pounced on me and held me down on the floor. *I've been the one keeping her alive all her life and preparing everything for this day!!! Do not speak as if you have knowledge of who that girl you call yourself CARING about really is!! You have no idea what she has to go through now that she's found me!!! If there was another way for her to control her magic rather than leaving the one place she calls home, don't you think I would've done it!!!*

I struggle to sit up. "What are you talking about?? What magic and what do you mean preparing for this day?"

My Gramps sits on the floor next to my head. "That's why I called you here. I was right about Lucy being special. You remember the story about the Dragon Twins?? Turns out Lucy is the daughter from the story and needs to leave for training to harness her awakening magic or her could kill us all."