Chapter 63

Song of the chapter: Mr. Loverboy. By: Little Mix
Shoutout to: Alexcanf459

"You've repacked and unpacked these suit cases four times." Liam groans throwing his head back in frustration, "We're going to miss our flight."

"I have to make sure everything's packed." I smile knowing how much I'm annoying him, "We can't not have everything."

"Because we can't afford to buy a new toothbrush if you forget yours right?" He jokes.

"Shut up." I smile zipping up Jessica's suitcase for the final time before Liam takes it out of my hands.

"Get your shoes on, we're late." He smiles a small smile kissing the tip of my nose.

"Wait!" I call after him looking around the cluttered floor, "Where's your suit case? Did you check to make sure you have everything?"

"Don't worry about my stuff, I can pack for myself." He shakes his head walking out the garage door to fit Jessica's suit case into my car. 

Slipping on my flats I follow him out turning off every light making sure nothing is left on. We'll only be in America for a week but I don't want to forget anything. Liam's been making fun of me all week about the list of things I had to pack checking off every last object that we would need as I found and packed it. Although to my disappointment, Liam wouldn't let me pack his things which is weird because I know he hates packing and I always do it for him. 

Liam and Jessica are waiting in my sliver car as I lock the door behind me. 

"We could have taken my car." Liam pouts.

"You weren't going to leave it in the parking lot at the airport and it doesn't have a back seat." I roll my eyes.

"Mum." Jessica calls from the back seat.

"Yeah babe?" I ask pulling out of the driveway and trying to pay attention to every driveway we pass. We're the last ones to leave, typical.

"Are we going to see, Adrien?" She asks coloring in the journal Harry bought her for Christmas.

"Since when are you calling him Adrien?" Liam spits.

"Since he isn't my coach anymore, Dad." Jessica rolls her eyes earning a small smile from me.

"I have to go visit Brett at the office when we land in New York. Adrien will probably be there if you'd like to come with me."

"Okay." She sing songs.

"I thought you wanted to come see us rehearse?" Liam questions looking back at our daughter.

I don't have to turn around or even look out of the corner of my eye to know his feelings are hurt. When it comes to Adrien and myself, Liam's very touchy and I don't blame him for it not after everything that happened between him and I. But, Liam's never had to worry about Jessica and Adrien because she's never gotten along with him. So jealously might be taking a part of his feelings being hurt, he depended on her to hate Adrien with him.

"Yeah, but I like going to mommy's work." She says looking up at Liam. I'm watching her in the mirror by now but she's focused on Liam. "I haven't seen Adrien in a long time." 

"It's been a month." Liam mutters turning back around.

"She's going to be bored all week so she'll have plenty of time going back and forth between the both of us, love." I say reaching for his hand in which he intertwines our fingers looking out the window without another word.

...

"We're landing in an hour, should we wake them?" Louis asks nudging me.

I smile wide looking at Harry and Jessica cuddling one one of the plush tan couches fast asleep. It's comforting to know that Jessica has been looking out for Harry. Ever since Christmas she barely lets her uncle out of her sight, I think she's trying to protect him from being sad again. If only my little girl  knew fairy tales aren't real and people really do get hurt.