Chapter 18

Liam's POV

"Are you ready, mate?" Niall asked swinging his arm around my shoulders.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I smiled

"Is Casey here?" He asked me

"She's in the audience with Jason." I sighed making my way around all the camera men and people backstage.

Today's the day, the day i announce i have a daughter. The day everything becomes a reality. I'm not going to lie, i'm nervous. Extremely nervous. My fragile daughter was at home right now being babysat by one of Jason's friends, and the only thing i can focus on is her. My bright eye-d little girl who believes in happy endings and fairy tales. The little girl who stole my heart the second i laid eyes on her. 

The next thing i knew i was being wired up to my microphone and Lou was brushing cover up over my skin. "You know, Lux needs a new friend." she smiled.

"I'm sure Jessica would love to meet her." I smirked back at her.

"Nervous?" she raised an eyebrow

"Is it that easy to see?" I questioned.

"No, not really. But i have been working with you for four years, Liam. Through break ups, hard days, crazy fans, I've seen you at your best and at your worst." She smiled putting the soft brush down on the table. 

"I'm afraid of what the fans will think, i know i shouldn't care. But i do, i mean where would i be without them?" I asked running my fingers through my hair.

"Hey, don't touch the masterpiece!" Lou said smacking my hand away, "and it's normal to be nervous, it's normal to care about what they think, to an extent. You're Liam Payne. It's impossible for your fans to hate you, it's going to start a craze, i think you know that. Paul warned you last night that this was going to make a lot of people upset and excited. But it's your life, and if this is what you want; having the world know about your beautiful little girl, then that's what you should do."

I pulled the woman into my arms, "Thank you."

"Your welcome, Liam." She smiled.

"One Direction you guys are on in 2!" A worker shouted backstage.

"That's my que." I smiled 

"Good luck, and Liam?" 

"Yeah?"

"Deep breathes, it helps." Lou smiled at me encouragingly.

I could make out Harry and Louis standing off to the side getting their microphones hooked up to their shirts. All of the lads have been trying to keep a smile on my face for the past few hours, but i can't keep my nervous down. God only knows how bad Casey's feeling right now. I feel so bad she has to go through this, but this is the only way for the world to find out fast enough. 

"Liam?" 

I turned around to face Zayn, "Yeah?"

"Your family is here, they wanted me to tell you their in the front row."

"my mom's here?" i asked a bit stunned.

My mother left my house the night i blew up on her, she stayed at a hotel a few minutes away. My sisters stayed though, telling me everything was going to be fine, and they were by my side. Long story short, I haven't talked to my mom in almost a week. 

"Yeah, she wanted to come back here and talk to you, but Paul thought it wasn't a good idea." Zayn said patting my back, "You alright, mate?"

"Yeah, great." i sighed. "I just want to get this over with, my anxiety is sky high."